Sign in to follow this  
chimi

Tell me about Aria Pro II guitars

On 12/5/2019 at 10:10 PM, badpenguin said:

It's bottom feeder territory. Made from plywood, and crap pieces. I believe it was made in Korea after 87. Unless it's dirt cheap, avoid.

If this guy says they should be avoided I would take his advice . 

15 hours ago, Louis C said:

Hey guys,

I found an aria pro 2 fs from the 80's on facebook for 50euros , do you think it is worth ? 

Idk at all about the quality of these guitars but for 50 bucks...

What do you think ?

ok, what model? Arias ran the gamut from pure crap, to brilliance. It all depends on the model and the year.

On 8/23/2012 at 11:37 PM, chimi said:

Saw this thing on ebay. Did not bid but boy was i tempted.

This thing just looks stunning

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item27ca440dee&item=170897182190&nma=true&pt=Guitar&rt=nc&si=VzqnGAYZ3OIbAntr9WO%252FSIT4smI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_11913wt_1271

Made me wonder just how good these things are? Are we talking epiphone quality or higher? Also what's the difference between Aria, Aria Pro II etc.? Never got that.

I really like the Aria Pro II guitars.  Here is a video of me playing my PE-LUX guitar.  This is not a Matsumoku made guitar rather this is a recent Japanese made model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJtnKqSWS7E

I can speak about guitars from the 80's.   I have a 1985 RS Knight Warrior; bought it used in '87 for $125.    Two years later I bought a Fender Strat, and put the Aria away...until last year.  I began playing it again because the neck agrees with my hand (pain from middle age, lol).   I never thought it was on par with my Fender, however, the neck is top notch! And just a tad narrower than Fender.  At 35 years old, everything still works!  It stayed in tune sitting in the case for years.  I feel the pickups are, well, subdued.  Not good or bad necessarily, just...subdued (compared to others).   But I recently recorded a couple songs with it, and I think the sound quality is just fine.  I have a link below if you want to hear what it sounds like.  I played all the guitar parts (and Bass) with the Aria, through a Peavey Vypyr amp.  I would buy another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIKggB7JAo

Hope this helps.

• Like 1