blind test of diff. teles

twotimingpete

• Members

These guys did a blindfold test of four teles. Squier classic vibe, MIM standard, MIA standard, and an expensive custom shop deal. both guys thought the squier was the custom shop. 

If you keep watchig, you'll see the one guy mistakes the classic vibe for the custom shop not once, but twice on two different occasions. And these aren't novices, they're real gearheads and good players.

• Members

I never buy into these type of things.

The main reason is the fret size, finish on the back of the neck and neck shape are pretty different on all of those models.

I'm not saying someone may not prefer a less expensive model to a more expensive one (esp when the company in question is pumping out junk like FMIC) but the differences in feel are pretty extreme.

Kind of like playing an Epi LP and thinking it's a Gibson - the necks and finishes are so different I don't see how you could not tell one from the other (again, you may prefer either).

Do these guys sell guitars?

• Members

twotimingpete wrote:

These guys did a blindfold test of four teles. Squier classic vibe, MIM standard, MIA standard, and an expensive custom shop deal. both guys thought the squier was the custom shop. 

If you keep watchig, you'll see the one guy mistakes the classic vibe for the custom shop not once, but twice on two different occasions. And these aren't novices, they're real gearheads and good players.

Squiers rule.

Archived