Chinese Replica guitar

crazyguitars

• Members

I've noticed some of you guys keep saying this site is reliable:

http://www.sbicu.com/0018guitar/

Alright, I'm back home now,with guitar in hand. On my way back moving from London ON, I went to Music Pro in Barrie to try some real gibsons before using mine. Also, there was an epiphone zakk wylde les paul on the wall. After comparing with chinese gibson zakk wylde les paul, I was pretty surprised howgood of quality it is. The finish on my guitar wasway better than the epiphone. Where they taped near the neck and for the binding was very poor on the epiphone, as well as the bullseye design. My guitar is much better for sound. As far as the action goes,it's low so it's pretty good as is, but not great. I will get fret levelling done on it in order to get that nice and low gibson feel. The pickups were ok, but I had the Zakk Wylde EMG pick ups sitting there when I got home with a new set of strings so I didn't really try them out that long. With the real emgs in it, this thing kicks ass. THe finish on the neck is glossy, where as on the real one it is a satin finish. The neck profile feels right in comparison to a normal gibson les paul. So far the tuning keys keep they're tuning really well, so no complaints there. The guitar case that came with looks kind of cheap, but it does the job soI don't really care. So to anyone out there considering buying one of these chinese les pauls, go for it. You'll need to swap the pickups (80 to $200) and get a fret levelling done (50- 100$). However, if you consider the overall price of it, $360(guitar w/ case and shipping) + $200 (emgs) + ~$50 (fret levelling), = $610 for a gibson custom les paul zakk wylde signature guitar thats listed as $6680, I think that's pretty worth it.

what do you think about this ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Women, cars and guitars.

• Members

A year ago I bought a Les Paul Custom knockoff. Overall it's not too bad. It does have a rosewood fingerboard instead of ebony. I asked about it before I bought it and was told it was ebony. When I got it and realized it wasn't, I contacted the seller and got $100 knocked off.

I had to level the frets and replace the cheap plastic nut with a bone one. The pickups are Epiphone. I replaced the bridge with a Duncan Invader but I left the neck pickup because I actually like how it sounded. The tuners are Grovers. The other hardware is ok. I'll probably replace it in the future.

I would never resell the guitar unless I removed the Gibson logo. Actually, I'd probably never sell it. It's a nice playing, nice looking guitar that in total I paid about $300 for. Is it Gibson Custom Shop quality? Nope. Is it on par with nicer Epiphones? Absolutely.

• Members

A year ago I bought a Les Paul Custom knockoff. Overall it's not too bad. It does have a rosewood fingerboard instead of ebony. I asked about it before I bought it and was told it was ebony. When I got it and realized it wasn't, I contacted the seller and got $100 knocked off.

I had to level the frets and replace the cheap plastic nut with a bone one. The pickups are Epiphone. I replaced the bridge with a Duncan Invader but I left the neck pickup because I actually like how it sounded. The tuners are Grovers. The other hardware is ok. I'll probably replace it in the future.

I would
never
resell the guitar unless I removed the Gibson logo. Actually, I'd probably never sell it. It's a nice playing, nice looking guitar that in total I paid about $300 for. Is it Gibson Custom Shop quality? Nope. Is it on par with nicer Epiphones? Absolutely.

Who that girl in your avashar I wanna look her name up in google

• Members

I would
never
resell the guitar unless I removed the Gibson logo. Actually, I'd probably never sell it. It's a nice playing, nice looking guitar that in total I paid about $300 for. Is it Gibson Custom Shop quality? Nope. Is it on par with nicer Epiphones? Absolutely.

If it's a counterfeit Gibson, why on Earth do you think it would have real Grovers on it?

• Members

They are selling {censored}ing counterfeits produced by POS Communist Chinese thieves. That alone is the deal breaker.

+1000.

There's not all that many things left that the U.S. manufacturers produce (outside of software and aerospace technology) that I take pride in on the world stage. I would never support counterfeit foreign made products, especially from the country with which we already have a historical level of trade deficit.

Get a rope fellas.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hi,

I'm in Ontario too and I'm thinking of going the same route.

Were there any taxes or duty that had to be payed?

Were there any hassles with Canada Customs.

I read on one of the Chinese sites that items can be delayed at Customs if they deem the shipper shows a declared value extremely lower than actual value....something about buyers paying fines in such cases

The same site also says  that an item can be intercepted and held as counterfeit goods.

Any other Canadians that can relate positive recent experiences?

Archived