Went to a sale of Joe Satriani's gear yesterday...

Karma1

• Members

Last night a local music store, Bananas At Large in San Rafael CA (10 miles from SF) had a sale of a collection of gear that was personally owned by Joe Satriani. They have done this kind of thing before for other Bay area artists like Santana, Neil Schon and Journey, Metallica, Grateful Dead, Doobie Brothers, and others. But last night it was all about Satch.

It was a pretty diverse collection of guitars, amps, pedals, keyboard and recording gear - some with some surprisingly decent prices. Higher end gear came with a certificate of authenticity. For guitars there were a number of Les Pauls, a Fender Strat w/ scalloped fretboard, a 335, and a couple of his Ibanez signature guitars. Lots of amps, from Marshall stacks to smaller combos. The pedals were the best deals and I was tempted by a DigiTech Hendrix Experience pedal and an ElectroHarmonix Ravish Sitar, but my budget was a little tight at the moment and there is other gear I need more. But it was cool to see all the various items he's used, including a Korg Karma keyboard, which was my main synth for years and where my user name comes from. Unfortunately Joe wasn't there for the sale, but it was still a cool event. Just wish I could have gone in with a stack of cash.

A number of the items are still available for purchase online and everything from the sale can be seen at this link:

http://www.bananasmusic.com/articled.../articleid_734

Archived