Ibanez RG770, What is it worth?

WorldWide79

• Members

I have an Ibanez RG770 that I received as a gift when I was a teenager back in the 90's. I haven't played it in years and I would like to sell it to pay off some bills.

Could someone give me an idea of how much it is worth?

It is in good condition, a few small dings and scratches in the paint, but nothing serious. Sounds great, the neck in still in shape, no buzz. The paint colour is Metallic Purple.

Here's a few photos:

th_63184_CIMG5202_122_554lo.jpgth_63191_CIMG5205_122_378lo.jpgth_63196_CIMG5206_122_489lo.jpgth_63205_CIMG5208_122_333lo.jpg

th_63206_CIMG5212_122_549lo.jpgth_63216_CIMG5214_122_548lo.jpgth_63217_CIMG5215_122_386lo.jpg

I'd appreciate the input! And I would consider serious offers if anyone in interested. Case, whammy bar and strap included. I live in Ottawa, Canada.

• Members

I would honestly say that the price would bring an average of $550 USD.

Although, since you are in Canada, selling it to someone in the US will

entail customs charges, possibly making it a less valuable item. I can't

say though, it just depends on if when you post it someone is really

looking for one.

I hate to mention this but, if you really need the money to pay bills,

you could more than likely make MORE money parting the guitar out.

But I hate the thought of doing that to good instruments though.

• Members

Thanks guys. I've joined Jemsite and I'm asking $550. There are a few others that are in worse condition going for $600 over there, so I think I have a good shot at selling it.

Seems that it is a big deal if it is made in Japan (???).

• Members

Shouldn't take too long. You'd get that on Ebay too, but it would be a good idea to set a reserve price. Hell, I would buy that from you right now if I had the funds. :thu: I'm in the market for a good RG, and I love those old 770's.

Thanks guys. I've joined Jemsite and I'm asking $550. There are a few others that are in worse condition going for $600 over there, so I think I have a good shot at selling it.

Seems that it is a big deal if it is made in Japan (???).

• 6 years later...
  • Members

ya, I bought this guitar. I am the original owner. It's a 1990 Ibanez RG 770 Made in Japan. I had to go serching for the original IBZ/USA F2 pick up (bridge) on E-bay since you put in some crap one. Now I can say it is back in one piece. The guitar is now valued at $1500 and I will never let it out of my site ever again. Your Mom is the one that sold it back to me for the price you payed for it. I am greatful to have it back in my colection.  

Archived