Reflex Pickups???

Joby1knobi

• Members

So I've had these NOS Reflex pickups sitting around for a few years - anyone know what they might sounds like?

Pics are below. I bought them cheap for a project that never happened. Now I'm wondering if I should keep them for another project down the line; or just get rid of them.

Anyone have any experience with them? All I know is that they were an active pickup "upgrade" for Jackson/Charvel.

reflex1.jpg

reflex2.jpg

reflex3.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Members

HI,

I recently bought an Ibanez bass with similar pickups (mine are the reds). Unfortunately all the wiring had been disconnected. Would it be possible for you to send me the wiring info? I have the following wires coming from the preamp - red, blue, green, white, black, yellow and pink.........

Thanks

So I've had these NOS Reflex pickups sitting around for a few years - anyone know what they might sounds like?

Pics are below. I bought them cheap for a project that never happened. Now I'm wondering if I should keep them for another project down the line; or just get rid of them.

Anyone have any experience with them? All I know is that they were an active pickup "upgrade" for Jackson/Charvel.

reflex1.jpg
reflex2.jpg
reflex3.jpg

• Members

Wow - never thought I'd see this thread get bumped. I never did install those pickups... still sitting in a box somewhere.

For wiring, a quick search turns up the following:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/MountainDog/Reflexpickupinstructions3.jpg

Looks like the wires are as follows:

Blue - output

White - from the pickup/switch

Red - 9V+

Pink - Mid EQ

Yellow - High EQ

Green - Ground

• Members

I had them in 2 of my guitars at one time. Now just one still has them installed. (Reflex Reds)

They are similar to EMG's. I think they sound a little bit less sterile. They are slightly noisey when you roll the volume knob off with a loud amp. (some hiss like a pedal is on).

Not much info on the web about these, and pretty much nothing on wiring schematics.

• Members

HI,

I recently bought an Ibanez bass with similar pickups (mine are the reds). Unfortunately all the wiring had been disconnected. Would it be possible for you to send me the wiring info? I have the following wires coming from the preamp - red, blue, green, white, black, yellow and pink.........

Thanks

Found this through a Google Image search

5627063868_264f8fc3e6_b.jpg

Limited91%20Wiring2.JPG

Blue wire is the output from the system. It should be connected to the hot of your volume control or directly to the output jack tip. This output is very special as it senses the load it is driving and automatically matches to that load.

White wire is always input to the active system. Connect here all pickups after selector switch. The wiper of selector goes here. If you want passive tone control, then connect capacitor of 0.47uF in series with 10kilohm pot to ground.

Red wire is for +9 volt battery connection and always connects direct to battery snap.

Black wire from battery snap alwasys connects to jack socket. It is the battery 0 volt wire and should go to contact the ring connection on a three pole (ring-tip-sleeve) jack socket. ......so on removing your jack cordc, you automatically turn of power to your system.

Green wire is the ground connection and this ensures low noise operation in your guitar. All metal parts of pots, switches and screening foils or paints should be joined to this wire. It is important that you connect the sleeve of your jack socket to this point.

Pink and Yellow wires are the active EQ command lines. Pink controls mid-band harmonics. Yellow controls upper high harmonics. (the illustration under the pink/yellow description shows a Center-detented linear taper pot with one leg grounded to case and green wire at that point, pink or yellow to the center leg, and blue output wire to final leg.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...