Lace Sensor Dually?

thecornman

• Members

honeyiscool wrote:

Lace Sensors are not noiseless. They're low-noise single coil pickups, the 60 cycle hum is pretty audible. I have reverse wired Silver in my Mustang, and it makes a huge difference as to noise cancellation. Lace Dually are not humbuckers, they're a good way to get two single coils in a humbucker route. Lace makes real humbuckers, too, though, and most of them are low noise in split mode.

Maybe your guitar is not shielded well or you didn't wire them correctly. I had a purple and a blue in my Melody Maker and I got no noise in any position. Neither was reverse wired. I play right in front of my monitor too. :smiley-bounce015:

• 7 years later...
  • Members
On 2/22/2013 at 2:51 PM, BlueAsher said:

2.  as a split-able humbucker pickup, and 3.  Dually mode... north coil/south coil/both coils.  Dually mode really kicks in when using different color pickups....Blue/Gold or the like, verses a Red/Red.  Essentially it is three pickups in one.

how does the sound differ between humbucker mode and Dually Mode apart from the hum? Just to be sure: Humbucker is serial and dually is parallel? I will rewire my guitar soon and any response is appreciated.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

When I wire my gold gold uo I get different outputs it seems from the individual singles that comprise the dually gg . The real thing that struck me as odd was no instructions for wiring came with the things. I am under impressed with it in the bridge of a true freak of nature strat I can slap any pickguard into and it sounds like crystal champagne flowing over golden stones sonically saturated with honey with a salt and vinegar chip to wash it down. But this thing don't sound right in anything I try it in. Maybe it's bad 

• Members
On 6/30/2021 at 12:10 AM, Sonicoct said:

When I wire my gold gold uo I get different outputs it seems from the individual singles that comprise the dually gg . The real thing that struck me as odd was no instructions for wiring came with the things. I am under impressed with it in the bridge of a true freak of nature strat I can slap any pickguard into and it sounds like crystal champagne flowing over golden stones sonically saturated with honey with a salt and vinegar chip to wash it down. But this thing don't sound right in anything I try it in. Maybe it's bad 

For what its worth I can't get a sound that I like out of Lace Sensors, either, and I have 5 of them, 3 gold, a blue and a red.  I have a Fender pickguard with slots for 5 pickups, so I wish I could get a sound I like out of them.