omg, my ultimate NGD is today ...

aenemated

• Replies 211.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i only got up to 6, i think. had to trim the fat, get the {censored} i really wanted.

i replaced the 3 standards and deluxe i didn't much like for 2 absolutely amazing custom shop RI's.

i don't miss 'em. smile.gif

still have the strat and tele - they're just hanging out in those two taller cases. as usual. dunno how much longer i'll hang on to em ... just don't do much for me anymore.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aenemated

View Post

i only got up to 6, i think. had to trim the fat, get the {censored} i really wanted.

i replaced the 3 standards and deluxe i didn't much like for 2 absolutely amazing custom shop RI's.

i don't miss 'em. smile.gif

still have the strat and tele - they're just hanging out in those two taller cases. as usual. dunno how much longer i'll hang on to em ... just don't do much for me anymore.

You will be back to 6 in no time im sure.

I would like to have a Deluxe with mini's.

• Members

i never liked the minis. in both the deluxes i've had over the years, i put p90s in em both. but ... the guitars themselves i never fell in love with.

slept with 'em, never married 'em, as my old boss would say.

i dunno, i really think my buyin days are more or less over now. there's really only ONE other one i'd want, but i really don't want it all that bad - a black beauty. they ain't too hard to come by and ain't too expensive, so if i haven't gotten one already, it's pretty likely i just won't.

but like, i got a killer strat and a killer tele already, and i don't give a damn for them. none of the other fenders interest me at all. one of my best friends plays basically only jaguars, and i can't stand 'em. i don't like PRSs, really, got no use for any of the "modern" style guitars with all the floyd rose crap, crazy pointy shapes and {censored}. don't like the look of parkers (and they probably weight about 3 pounds, which means they're for chicks) ... don't much care for LP juniors or any of those. even when i start gigging again, i'll probably play the silverburst, so i don't need a gig guitar.

nowhere else for me to go!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay

View Post

Sweet, congrats! thumb.gif

One more??? See sig tongue.gif

ENABLER!!!!

i couldn't remember if i said that the night i finally got the '59 ... or when i was super stoked on the '57. smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by xxxdonk

View Post

sweet axe dude! where in RB do you live? i live right by west high.

i'm down by the marina. for the next month or so, anyway, movin up to hollywood soon. long story short, i came to LA from vegas for a job and moved to RB cuz my best friend lives here. but beach life ain't for me, i need the scum and weirdos of hollywood. smile.gif and MOST of my other friends live up there. including the dude i been writing with a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum

View Post

YOU {censored}ING TERRIBLE ****!!!!!!

You sold my Standard? You said you wouldn't.....man, I'm gonna piss in all your winemad.gif

HFNGD btwmad.gif

yikes! sorry man! it wasn't anything special, just a '96 honeyburst standard. you can track a million of 'em down with some work. smile.gif

• Moderators

View Post

yikes! sorry man! it wasn't anything special, just a '96 honeyburst standard. you can track a million of 'em down with some work. smile.gif

Not in the this country you can't....not at a decent price, and not one that had been sorted by a LPophile

I'm sendin a cockpunch your waypoke.gif

I'm puttin a move on ya

• Members

hahaha despite my love for everything slash, i do not love mockingbirds.

i dont even know why he talks about needing a {censored}ing whammy bar cuz damned if i can pick out where he ever actually uses it. except maybe in all the crazy feedback orchestration at the beginning. the recording all sounds like the same ol slash to me.

edit - ok, now that i listen back, i think i can pick out some subtle whammy bar work here and there, but it could just be bent double-stops, too, which he's no stranger to.

• Members

View Post

hahaha despite my love for everything slash, i do not love mockingbirds.

i dont even know why he talks about needing a {censored}ing whammy bar cuz damned if i can pick out where he ever actually uses it. except maybe in all the crazy feedback orchestration at the beginning. the recording all sounds like the same ol slash to me.

edit - ok, now that i listen back, i think i can pick out some subtle whammy bar work here and there, but it could just be bent double-stops, too, which he's no stranger to.

Did you ever see the live in Paris show, I think it was in '91 or '92?

That live version of ycbm made me want a mockingbird, he made it scream like a wild animalevil.gif!. It also made me want to be a musician, I was about ten. Ah, I still remember that life changing day. I'm a musician now! Thankyou Mr Slashthumb.gif (I also spent more money than I really could afford on my lp standard recently, but I'm glad I did!icon_lol.gif)

• Members

hahaha i love your spirit!

though, take my advice man ... they're WAAAAAY more trouble than they're worth. it might only take a couple $6 shots to get them to {censored} you in the car on the way home, but all the other {censored} is JUST NOT WORTH IT.

it's why i go for bartendresses now. they can make a fabulous gin and tonic, can deal with drunken idiots like myself and tend to look their best. biggrin.gif

• Moderators

View Post

hahaha i love your spirit!

though, take my advice man ... they're WAAAAAY more trouble than they're worth. it might only take a couple $6 shots to get them to {censored} you in the car on the way home, but all the other {censored} is JUST NOT WORTH IT.

it's why i go for bartendresses now. they can make a fabulous gin and tonic, can deal with drunken idiots like myself and tend to look their best. biggrin.gif

Good to see you're not shallowsmile.gif

Archived