omg, my ultimate NGD is today ...

aenemated

• Replies 211.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i forget which winery we rolled up to, it was SPECTACULAR though. one of the more pricey places, but my homey wanted to hit it up so we went.

anyway, it was my turn to pay for the tastings (which, i promise you, are very dangerous - i was drunk as hell by 11am) and i rolled up to the bar. had on an allman bros tshirt, some ratty jeans - which are, btw, not exactly cheap - and my chucks and was like "yes ma'am, 4 tastings, please."

and she kinda looked at me like i was an asshole.

shit was AWFUL. $200 bottles, and it was terrible. everyone i was with was tryin to be all respectful, but i was like "man, this is shit." and chugged it and walked out for a smoke.

i'm sure there was some chatter after the fact.

fuckin people. never know what exactly they're dealing with. smile.gif

• Members

i forget which winery we rolled up to, it was SPECTACULAR though. one of the more pricey places, but my homey wanted to hit it up so we went.

anyway, it was my turn to pay for the tastings (which, i promise you, are very dangerous - i was drunk as hell by 11am) and i rolled up to the bar. had on an allman bros tshirt, some ratty jeans - which are, btw, not exactly cheap - and my chucks and was like "yes ma'am, 4 tastings, please."

and she kinda looked at me like i was an asshole.

shit was AWFUL. $200 bottles, and it was terrible. everyone i was with was tryin to be all respectful, but i was like "man, this is shit." and chugged it and walked out for a smoke.

i'm sure there was some chatter after the fact.

fuckin people. never know what exactly they're dealing with. smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by aenemated View Post
man, i've had numerous LP standards over the years ... and the attention to detail, the feel, everything, to me, on the custom shop beauties ... is just far superior. sure, they come with a bit of a price tag and a LOT of people will say it ain't worth it.

but, shit, i disagree. i feel like i can make damn near any guitar sound like i want it to, to some degree ... but they won't FEEL right. the feel is what's important to me.
This is true. It's so personal, too - what feels right to me might be ass to you and vice versa.

I'm jealous, I must say, in a very good way - I gotta go try out one of these things at some point, though I'll NEVER afford one. Enjoy that new instrument!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by aenemated View Post
man, i've had numerous LP standards over the years ... and the attention to detail, the feel, everything, to me, on the custom shop beauties ... is just far superior. sure, they come with a bit of a price tag and a LOT of people will say it ain't worth it.

but, shit, i disagree. i feel like i can make damn near any guitar sound like i want it to, to some degree ... but they won't FEEL right. the feel is what's important to me.
This is true. It's so personal, too - what feels right to me might be ass to you and vice versa.

I'm jealous, I must say, in a very good way - I gotta go try out one of these things at some point, though I'll NEVER afford one. Enjoy that new instrument!

• Members

hehheh yeah, 5 years ago, i was playing blackjack to maybe be able to buy my family christmas gifts (in the spirit of the upcoming season) and living off .99 cent tacos on taco tuesday @ del taco - all while making $9/hr at the apple store fashion show in fabulous las vegas.

crazy how {censored} happens over time.

Archived