Parker Fly - Clone?

jammin1212

• Members

Hey guys

I have a guitar that my dad randomly bought off ebay a few years ago. It's a Parker Fly.. but since he bought it so cheap I'm wondering if it's a clone? But it says 'Parker Guitars' on the head! SO my question is.. are they allowed to put the name on it if it's a clone/copy???

• Members

If it's a real Parker Fly it will weigh 4.5 -5.5 pounds depending on the exact model. It will have Sperzel locking tuners also. AND it will have a piezo bridge (except for a few models). Of course it may be a Parker and not a Parker Fly...but you did say Fly. I just sold mine, 4.5 pounds...thinnest neck I ever felt.

• Members

Most likely an import model. The Parker custom shop opened, at the Washburn factory, in 2005. Import production moved from the Cort factory in Korea, to a factory commissioned by the Nova trading company in China, after the completion of the buyout.

• Members

JTEES4 wrote:

If it's a real Parker Fly it will weigh 4.5 -5.5 pounds depending on the exact model. It will have Sperzel locking tuners also. AND it will have a piezo bridge (except for a few models). Of course it may be a Parker and not a Parker Fly...but you did say Fly. I just sold mine, 4.5 pounds...thinnest neck I ever felt.

yeah that would be the first clue:those things arew stupid light. 

Archived