Help to ID a guitar: LP style natural mapel neck "W" on headstock with a "S" inl

hangwire

• Members
Originally posted by BigBone

anything on the back of the pickups? maxon?

i don't think I'm going to go through the troubles of taking the pickups out/restringing it. I ebayed completed auctions and it does seem like a Greco/ibanez/japaese factory job from the pics there, so i'll just post there and see what i can get for it. hopefully the maple neck/natural will get some attention :)

• Moderators

Originally posted by hangwire

i don't think I'm going to go through the troubles of taking the pickups out/restringing it. I ebayed completed auctions and it does seem like a Greco/ibanez/japaese factory job from the pics there, so i'll just post there and see what i can get for it. hopefully the maple neck/natural will get some attention
:)

It could be a knock off of a knock off:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

From the 60's to the early 90's Japanese guitar manufacturers had a lot of different "house brands" that were manufactured for many different distributors all over the world. To add to the confusion, Matsumoku, Hoshino and Fuji gen Gakki all used parts from the same distributors, which is why most people have no idea as to who manufactured what, because a lot of them looked so similar.

I'm guessing that your guitar might possibly be a Wabash or Wexler guitar. Both were house brands that were made by the same (unknown) Japanese manufacturer and were said to have a large "W" on the headstock.

Did you ever sell it yet?

• 7 years later...

Archived