Dragonfire is the new GFS.

honeyiscool

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I think the bigger issue with GFS is that it's just not as cheap as it needs to be if you're going to make exceptions for bad service.

Think about it. Fender Tex Mex pickups are what, $60 on the street? There are options at similar prices.

I got one of the Fender Mexi trems you mentioned for $13 off Amazon. Great deal even has the newer full sized block.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

right he sure is if it's the same guy that was formerly TNT Guitars? I remember a few years ago I bought 2 Jackson style necks as new and they were worn and all scraped up. He blew me off by saying he would replace them once the correct ones came in, and it never did even after checking for years.

Meh, tomato tamoto. Same {censored}, different smell for the most part. However, the dragonfire necks are WAY better than the GFS ones and I'm quite happy with my tele harness from them. The guy that runs it is a DICK though.

• Members

right he sure is if it's the same guy that was formerly TNT Guitars? I remember a few years ago I bought 2 Jackson style necks as new and they were worn and all scraped up. He blew me off by saying he would replace them once the correct ones came in, and it never did even after checking for years.

it's the same guy...:lol:

• Members

yep, my issue was with the nrck i bought for my parts Tele which, in all honesty, after a little tlc has turned out to be great.

the issue though was..

1. i ordered a satin finished neck. this descripton suggests to me that the neck should have a satin poly finish on it. when i got it, it felt like a raw piece of wood, no finish whatsoever. when i called the guy about it he informed me that i obviously didn't know what a satin finished neck was, that a satin finished neck had a light coat of sanding sealer and nothing more... fair enough, i was a lot greener then, maybe he was right:idk:

2. he sent me the wrong tuners. i ordered a set of Wilkinson EZ Locks and got a set of no name Sperzel type lockers, which i really like. when i told the guy he'd sent me the wrong tuners and asked him if he wanted me to send them back his reply was "i don't know what you're bitchin' about, the ones you got ar better than the ones you ordered anyway"... really, you gonna be an ass to me because i was trying to do the right thing???

3. preparing to do a fret level and dress on the neck, go to adjust the truss rod to straighten the neck out and the plastic insert in the hole is too small, i can't get a wrench in there. again, i call him to ask him how we can remedy this to which he replies "waller it out with a damn drill bit, Jesus!"... OK, fine, no big deal, that's what i did and now i have a parts Tele that i love... but...

for the three reasons above and the fact that the guy obviously didn't have the time nor want to help a customer... well, that's enough to not spend my money there...

that being said, the tele harness i got from them is great, the tuners are great, and after a lot of work the neck is great... the problem isn't the products, the problem is customer service, or lack there of rather...

• Members

The necks and bodies look nice... but pricewise, GFS has 'em beat.

Not to the west coast (if you're talking about shipping costs)... GFS shipping prices are higher, and with the crummy service I received the last two times I bought from GFS, Dragonfire has my attention for low cost pickups and pickguards. ;)

• Members

I ordered recently from Guitarheads.net which seems like a similar type of company. 2 of the items are going back. The Gold no holes humbucker covers will not fit Seymour Duncan Trembuckers and the cream humbucker mounting rings that were listed as flat bottom were arched bottom. Big difference is the person I contacted was cool and is willing to rectify the problems. The TNT Guitars/ Dragonfire guy just seems to not be suited to dealing with customers.

Archived