What are you favorite guitar apps for iPhone or Android?

elsupermanny14

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I use PolyTune the most on my phone. On iPad I use GarageBand, Guitartone, and I have the other Sonoma Apps that go with the guitarjack, but I don't use those that much. 

I used to have a lot, but I didn't use that many, so instead of having a bunch of stuff that I don't use, I got rid of a bunch. 

Also, I found that the apps tend to work best with the interface that they were designed for (AmpKit w/ AmpKit link, GuitarTone w/ GuitarJack, amplitube w/ iRig). To be fair, I've never tried AmpKit w/ the AmpKit link, but I got a ton of feedback, even at low levels, especially with the iRig.

Of the interfaces, I have to say that the GuitarJack (and GuitarJack2) are definitely a better quality piece of equipment than the iRig. Sounds better, better construction - definitely one of thos you-get-what-you-pay-for pieces of equipment.

Oh, and the Ultimate Guitar app for tabs, too.

• Members

I have Android... use gStrings and DaTuner.  gStrings looks sexier, but DaTuner seems better at grabbing the notes.  I also use Chord!Free. 

Just recently downloaded Twotrack Recorder.  A handy little app that lets you record unlimited overdubs.  The quality of the recording of course depends on the quality of your built-in mic, and my Galexy III leaves some to be desired, but for just messing around it isn't too bad.

• Members

Not a guitar app per se, but Propellerheads' Figure for iOS is a great little beats maker for 99 cents. When boredom strikes, pull out your iPhone (or iPad) and go nuts.

I was stuck in a hotel recently on a 10-day trip, and had a Line 6 Sonic Port with me. I borrowed an SG and I gotta say, the combination was more fun and sounded much better than I expected. The Mobile POD app (free, but the caveat is you have to have the Line 6 hardware) is versatile and as is usually the case with guitar apps, once I made some tweaks I was set. The other element worth noting is that it connects digitally, so I also used it to listen to internet radio and iTunes as it sounded much better than the internal D/A.

I keep hearing rumors that an upcoming Android OS update is going to reduce audio latency, but I've been hearing that for a while...I hope so. I have an iPhone for business and an Android for personal.

Archived