Zero's Agile Owner & Enthusiast Bar-- cheap guitars, cheap drinks

Mister Zero

• Members

have you looked into lowering the neck pickup and raising the bridge pickup? I had a Yamaha SG700s that I was sure had crappy pickups until a tech changed their heights for me...

Originally posted by GecKo

Do any of you have the problem of the neck pickup being almost twice as loud as the the bridge pickup? The neck is nice and loud and full, but the bridge is quiet and thin.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I'll either call Bill Lawrence or try switching the pickups.

I got get it to work for awhile if the bridge was hotter than the neck... soo...

Its not the pickup height, I tried that. The neck is a little low to where it sounds clear and I raised the bridge as high as I could without touching the strings to try and balance them... oh well.

It just means more toys for me :D

• Members

yeah bring on those sound clips! I think I'd probably throw in a pair of either Duncan 59's or Dimarzio PAF's if I got the Agile DC. I like the open-coil look, and it sounds like the covers are welded/soldered to the pickups (like my Raven RM-2000's pickups were). Too bad they don't have it in a purpleburst...

• Members

I emailed Kurt to ask if he had a particular model and he said he'd put it on the web site if and when it was available. You could always call him, but otherwise it's "hurry up and wait".

One red LP Jr Special Agile, please. Yes, that would be with P-90s.

No, Gibson, I will not pay $2000 for what was originally a "music school" guitar for kiddies.

• Members

Originally posted by skynyrd

Do they make a single pickup version or, better yet, a model with a floating pickup?

I'm feeling you!

You talkin' 'bout one with a suspended neck pup and the mini vol/tone pots mounted discretely on the pickguard!

If Kurt put that guitar out I'll be all over it like stank on shit!

'Scuse my language but this is a bar, right? ;)

• Members
Originally posted by mute

HBO has a show on sometimes late at night called REVERB. i saw a band's guitarist using an agile guitar. i dont remember the band but being on reverb they had to known pretty well.

I saw this as well. I made a post about it awhile back and another forumite said he saw it as well and he posted the band name. I cant remember their name, however. BTW, I am now up to 7 Agiles as I just got two Agile E9 models.

• Members

OK, c'mon, you've got to tell us what you plan to do with all those Agiles.

Are you modding? Setting them to different tunings? Decorating the house? Changing guits on every tune? Or are you just a GAS-aholic like the rest of us? What gives?

And what exactly is the E9 model?

• Members

um.... i'll have a milk.... in a dirty glass.... rite. well, anyway, i'm checking out all of em, looking for my next git. has anyone played or owned one of the cool cats? how do they compare to the ibanez artcores? they're certaintly prettier, but tonally? and is the neck on the dc's more gibson or strat-ish? thanks guys.... cheers!

• Members

Originally posted by Burgess

So...

How is it?

I just brought it home today and so far it's awesome! It plays just as good as my LP Standard! The jury is still out on the pup's though. They seem to be a tad harsh IMO. You can't beat is for $200!

• Members

$200 !?!?

What'd you get a blem or something? Great price!

Yeah, those p'ups. Some like 'em, some don't. Player's Choice.

I'm one that tends to be pretty quick with a soldering iron so I've got lots of paperweights that look just like discrded pups. ;)

• Members

$200 !?!?

What'd you get a blem or something? Great price!

Yeah, those p'ups. Some like 'em, some don't. Player's Choice.

I'm one that tends to be pretty quick with a soldering iron so I've got lots of paperweights that look just like discrded pups.
;)

Yup, I paid $199 + tax for it :p . It's in perfect shape, dot a ding on her!!! I'm not sure shy it was marked down, but I wasn't about to ask :cool: .

• Members

I'm feeling you!

You talkin' 'bout one with a suspended neck pup and the mini vol/tone pots mounted discretely on the pickguard!

If Kurt put that guitar out I'll be all over it like stank on shit!

'Scuse my language but this is a bar, right?
;)

Yeah, that's it. I've already got a single pickup archtop that I love, but the pickup and controls are mounted on the top, making an otherwise beautiful instrument useless acoustically. There is a Benedetto that has all the features I want, but I don't have that much money, nor could I justify such a purchase if I did. But if Agile were to make an archtop with a floating pickup I'd be all over it.

• Members

Originally posted by ref|ex

DC

pickups changed to Rio Grandes...so sweet...
:D

Sweet Axe!

Got one just like it on the way! I'm also putting in a set of RG's. Creme Bastard/Fat Bastard P90 set. Looking forward to it.

• Members

Originally posted by skynyrd

Yeah, that's it. I've already got a single pickup archtop that I love, but the pickup and controls are mounted on the top, making an otherwise beautiful instrument useless acoustically. There is a Benedetto that has all the features I want, but I don't have that much money, nor could I justify such a purchase if I did. But if Agile were to make an archtop with a floating pickup I'd be all over it.

Believe it or not, Samick makes a guitar that fits that bill. I was pretty shocked when I first saw it. Part of their Greg Bennett line. Though not even in the stratosphere of a Gibby Wes Montgomery, still more money than I'm willing to pay for a Samick at this point.

Kurt also carries Samicks and has a better price than I've seen for Samicks anywhere else. Wonder what he'd sell that axe for?

• Members
Originally posted by AmpliFIRE

Yup, I paid $199 + tax for it
:p
. It's in perfect shape, dot a ding on her!!! I'm not sure shy it was marked down, but I wasn't about to ask
:cool:

Probably is nothing wrong with it. Don't forget, Rondo has a very liberal return policy. You can return it if you just don't care for the color. Once it's returned...

Archived