The PACIFICA thread!

Jkater

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

how many pieces is the back and does it have the small white sticker reading made in Taiwan on the back near the bottom? What does it look like under the pickguard and anything stamped in the neck pocket?

I attached the picture of the back and yes there is a sticker reading made in Taiwan near the bottom. Nothing is stamped in the neck pocket as far as I can remeber. What to search for under the pickguard?

• Members

So it's a normal mid-range Pacifica (not a bad guitar) that someone simply had fun messing with the headstock, not necessarily with the intent of deceiving (or he would have removed that Taiwan sticker). He did a rather bad job with the string tree. I'll let you decide whether this is good taste or not. Does it play and sound to your liking?

• Members

I like my pacifica 112v very much.

But, I keep on reading how good all the pacificas are. Which makes me confused, as I played one of the upmarket pacificas at a shop a few weeks ago. I think it was an 812. Problem was, I hated it, thought it was horrible. There was just something fundamentally wrong with the way it played. And I tuned it before playing, but a few minutes in, it suddenly lost all its tuning. I wonder what was up with that.

• Members

Hello! I have a yamaha rgx1212s. I don't know from when it really is and I am at work now to look at the s/n...

It is a neck through design, mop shark inlays, a very weird but actually tremendously functional kahler like yamaha tremolo with a roller application (similar to the ibanez's zr trems?) and two single coils which look like emgs without the emg logo...The bridge humbucker is also an unknown affair. It looks like dimarzio. Ceramic probably. The guitar has, 3 mini toggles which act like tone on-off, and something that should be a tone bypass direct signal switch? It seems to split the bridge humbucker but it does not emit hum as a single coil would??? The wiring seems like moded in the control cavity.

Any info? It has 24 3/4 scale unlike the pacifica's. Does it belong to the range?

• Members

Hello! I have a yamaha rgx1212s. I don't know from when it really is and I am at work now to look at the s/n...

It is a neck through design, mop shark inlays, a very weird but actually tremendously functional kahler like yamaha tremolo with a roller application (similar to the ibanez's zr trems?) and two single coils which look like emgs without the emg logo...The bridge humbucker is also an unknown affair. It looks like dimarzio. Ceramic probably. The guitar has, 3 mini toggles which act like tone on-off, and something that should be a tone bypass direct signal switch? It seems to split the bridge humbucker but it does not emit hum as a single coil would??? The wiring seems like moded in the control cavity.

Any info? It has 24 3/4 scale unlike the pacifica's.
Does it belong to the range?

No.

But sounds very nice.

any pics?

• Members

well the Taiwan stickers I`ve seen were under the finish...have to sand it off to remove it...but yeah sounds like somebody did some modding...see what it looks like uner the pickguard...should be easy to see if it was originally routed for 3 pick-ups.

• Members

So it's a normal mid-range Pacifica (not a bad guitar) that someone simply had fun messing with the headstock, not necessarily with the intent of deceiving (or he would have removed that Taiwan sticker). He did a rather bad job with the string tree. I'll let you decide whether this is good taste or not. Does it play and sound to your liking?

Yes, it really seems someone had fun with it. Anyway, I wasn't all that happy with the sound of this guitar so I don't own it any more. Thx for your interest.

• Members

Hey I recently bought a Pacifica 821 and it was missing the whammy bar and locking nuts, does anyone know where I can get replacements besides the yamaha website? the site is charging 45 bucks for the bar and thats about a third of how much I paid for the guitar. It has a TRS Pro bridge btw if that helps.
Thanks

• Members

Hey I recently bought a Pacifica 821 and it was missing the whammy bar and locking nuts, does anyone know where I can get replacements besides the yamaha website? the site is charging 45 bucks for the bar and thats about a third of how much I paid for the guitar. It has a TRS Pro bridge btw if that helps.

Thanks

Check fretsonthenet.com. He can probably help with the bar but the locking nuts will be more of an issue.

• Members

Thanks

Hi - if you are in the UK I can supply you with the spare bar from my 821D for a more reasonable cost. Also may I ask how much you paid for it?

• Members

I paid 150 for the guitar.
I'm not from the Uk though :(
also I need to get the locking nuts and I'll probably have to buy it from yamaha and they charge like 15 bucks for shipping but if you make a purchase more then 50 its free shipping so I'm probably just gonna have to go and buy both from them.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Here's my son & I with my 012DLX. My gf and I have been struggling just to keep food on the table and pay rent for the last couple of years, and are just starting to get our heads above water right now. I had sold or traded ALL of my gear to keep us fed, so she surprised me by getting me this guitar for my birthday last year. It's a humble guit, to be sure, but it sure sounds great, and due to the story, I'll never get rid of it.

menmine.jpg

Thats awesome bro. Marry her!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, here's mine:

The checkered pickguard is $3.79 duct tape from Walmart over the original white pickguard. I like it. Middle coil is useless, neck coil is allright, humbucker growls pretty good. I like the neck and body contour the most.

Unable to view the pic w/o signing into your Flickr account...

• 2 years later...
  • Members

hi guys, does anybody here own a Pacifica 712 ? I could get one, but can't really try it before buying. I wonder how it would compare to the 812v I already have. i understand the 712 is almost 25 year old (year 89-90). I don't know if those early models were as good as today... any opinions?

Archived