The PACIFICA thread!

Jkater

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Welcome to the forum sccanj. What's the guitar in your Avatar? It's obviously a PAC. Is it yours?

No,its not mine, but i love that pic and that finish.

I have a Yamaha AES620 though, its a steal of a guitar, sounds better than any Epi LP Standard ive come thru.

I want a Pacifica, but i dont know if a 112 would be enough, its only for having a single coil guitar, thats, all, i dont want a super guitar fot that price.

• Members

In the interest of keeping this thread alive, I'll throw these in here.

blackyami004.jpg

My black 1221M

all2038.jpg

My 1221MS..........HUGE seller's remorse here.

As good as anything out there in the shredder category, the 1200 and 1400 series Pacificas are incredibly hard to find. Probably because when people get em, they don't want to give em up.

• Members

The 921 is also one of the big guys.
:thu:
Most people don't realise at all just how incredibly refined those top Pacificas are. My 904's every minute detail is top notch . The average forumite think that they (Pac's) all fall in the category of "good-bang-for-the-buck" hobbyist instruments and see a 112 in everyone of them (nothing wrong with a 112 but comparing a 112 with a 904 is like comparing an MIM strat with an american deluxe. Not quite the same thing). I even started a thread once called "the Pacifica riddle" that spoke of this widespread misconception. Fact is, the top end Pacificas are rare, special order only and few people have ever tried them in real life. And they all do look almost the same, do they not? (well, so does the strats).

My Pacifica 112 is my best electric guitar :o

• Members

Here's my 612v, orange stain maple cap on an alder body. Has the stock pickups (Yamaha alnico single coils and a Duncan JB). It has a stainless steel Yamaha RGX bridge and Grover locking tuners. Best playing "strat" I've ever had the privelege of owning.

DSC04980.jpg

DSC04981.jpg

Nice Pacifica!Just change the pickup colors on your 612v to zebra/black/black and then it would look just like mine.

:)

Ed

• Members

My Pacifica 112 is my best electric guitar
:o

The 112 has won more awards from well known guitar magazines than any other guitar in its category. It's been said that it's the most gigable (playability, sound, reliability, etc.) guitar around $250 and is a plateform of choice for modding it into the equivalent of a guitar thrice its price. It is BY FAR the best selling and most famous Pacifica, indeed for many here the only one they know about. The 812 is probably the second best known and is, quality wise, in the Fender american standard strat ball park (but is a more modern strat). That was my point a few posts above this one: A majority of forumites will understand a "pacifica" to be a 112, a model viewed by all in a very positive light. I have yet to see one single PAC112 bashing post on this board. Givien the bitching nature of this place, it is an achievement of sorts!

Now back to my point in the post you quoted: Tell the "non-initiated" crowd here that the 900, 1200 and 1400 serie Pacificas are the equivalent of USA Jacksons and custom shop Fenders and they'll go "huh?!?" They would have to see one to believe it but they'll probably never get the chance to. One reason could be that those are (actually were) almost never on display in stores. Yamaha produced them in relatively small numbers in Japan or California and they were hard to get in the first place and are now discontinued. My heart goes to uberthrall : he'll never see his 1221MS again.

• Members

My favourite headstock ever

Mine too. :) The name logo is also inlayed in real abalone (with astounding precision) but it doesn't show its "fireworks" in this picture (wrong angle).

Noteworthy: Have you noticed that there is no string tree? That's because the headstock is slightly tilted (a Warmoth thing). Not too shabby!

• Members

They're such stupid nice guitars for such low prices. I don't own one but a friend in high school got one for Christmas but never got into it and let me play it for a year or so... a red Stratty thing. I learned how to play electric on it, and I wish I still had it. Cool guits in my book.

• Members

these have been posted before but what the fack...

USA II

forsaleIII258.jpg

PAC 10th anniversary model, came in three colors limited to 30 guitars in each color...

forsaleIII298.jpg

one of the other colors for the PAC 10s, don`t have this one, it`s a borrowed pic from the web...the third color was natural.

ka_e_212-img600x450-1177379451yamah.jpg

• Members

these have been posted before but what the fack...

USA II

forsaleIII258.jpg

PAC 10th anniversary model, came in three colors limited to 30 guitars in each color...

forsaleIII298.jpg

one of the other colors for the PAC 10s, don`t have this one, it`s a borrowed pic from the web...the third color was natural.

ka_e_212-img600x450-1177379451yamah.jpg

Zenbu, I was hoping for your visit. :)

Your Pacificas are the cream of the crop. What about the Mike Stern sig, do you still have it? (it's in MTL, if I remember correctly).

• Members

Used to have this one. It's a Pacifica 812WX. Absolutely gorgeous guitar but I could never quite get along with it for some reason. I wish Yamaha would start using the quilt maple veneer plus the aquamarine color again, it's just lovely!

yamaha_pacifica_812wx-02.jpg

Still have this one, the Pacifica 1511 Mike Stern signature model. It's been fairly heavily modded though, mostly by the previous owner who added Schaller tuners, Wilkinson 3-saddle bridge, Graphtech nut and string trees. In the pic it still has the stock pickups (SD '59 and SD Hot Rails) which I replaced with a Vintage Vibe humbucker size P90 and a Vintage Vibe tele single coil, making it more of a traditional tele. Had enough 'bucker guitars already but loved the 1511's feel and looks.

yamaha_pacifica_1511-01.jpg

• Members

Always love the Yammie love! Mine are all RGX though so I guess I can't post.
:cry:

Like 80's & 90's RGX (and maybe RGZ)? I vote to expand the thread...I've had a number of them and don't understand why the shredders don't eat those things up...they are the equal or better of most Ibanezes for a fraction of the price...

• Members

Like 80's & 90's RGX (and maybe RGZ)? I vote to expand the thread...I've had a number of them and don't understand why the shredders don't eat those things up...they are the equal or better of most Ibanezes for a fraction of the price...

I second the motion. RGX's accepted! :thu:

• Members

The 912 is also one of the big guys.
Most people don't realise at all just how incredibly refined those top Pacificas are. My 904's every minute detail is top notch . The average forumite think that they (Pac's) all fall in the category of "good-bang-for-the-buck" hobbyist instruments and see a 112 in everyone of them (nothing wrong with a 112 but comparing a 112 with a 904 is like comparing an MIM strat with an american deluxe. Not quite the same thing). I even started a thread once called "the Pacifica riddle" that spoke of this widespread misconception. Fact is, the top end Pacificas are rare, special order only and few people have ever tried them in real life. And they all do look almost the same, do they not? (well, so does the strats).

The only thing keeping me from a high end Yamaha is lack of funds.

Archived