The PACIFICA thread!

Jkater

• Members

Clearly the most popular and successful line of all Yamaha electric guitars, the Pacifica line goes from the humble 012 and well known 112 all the way up to super expensive custom shop US made neck-through's. In between those two extremes are many models with very different specs. Quite a few of us own one (or more).

Post pics of yours and tell us about it! :thu:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My PAC 921. The action/neck on this guitar is great, but I still am not feelin' the DiMarzios - they just sound kind if dull & lifeless to me. Plus the whammy bar can't be tightened, so I have to wrap some teflon tape around the business end to add some friction.

PAC921-03.jpg

My all time "go to" axe, this PAC 821-R just get it, all kind of killer tonez, does a great Strat sound & can show it's BALLZ when called up. The trem on this thing is just perfect for me - I don't think I have done a setup on it since the early 90s!

Pacifica821-R.jpg

• Members

Here's my son & I with my 012DLX. My gf and I have been struggling just to keep food on the table and pay rent for the last couple of years, and are just starting to get our heads above water right now. I had sold or traded ALL of my gear to keep us fed, so she surprised me by getting me this guitar for my birthday last year. It's a humble guit, to be sure, but it sure sounds great, and due to the story, I'll never get rid of it.

menmine.jpg

• Members

Just got this in trade last night. Pacifica 912. Gotoh locking tuners, DiMarzio pups (dunno what the bucker is, but the singles are HS-2s). If the neck isn't a Warmouth, it's made with the same quality. Super light too...probably 6.5 pounds total.

yamaha1.jpg

• Members

CARFullshot.jpg

my very first guitar, the EG112C combo pack. also happens to be the first guitar i attempted to refinish and mod. i took a nice guitar and turned it into a turd.:facepalm: sand throughs, scratches in the wood, hacked up PG, destroyed switch and pots, broken jack plate. the list goes on...

she deserved so much better :cry:

• Members

Just got this in trade last night. Pacifica 912. Gotoh locking tuners, DiMarzio pups (dunno what the bucker is, but the singles are HS-2s). If the neck isn't a Warmouth, it's made with the same quality. Super light too...probably 6.5 pounds total.

yamaha1.jpg

This is beautiful! :love:

That's the one you got in the last couple days, right?

• Members

im looking for a new guitar, maybe a PAC 412, do you know this model?? would yo recomend it?? it would be my first single coil guitar.

Welcome to the forum sccanj. What's the guitar in your Avatar? It's obviously a PAC. Is it yours?

• Members

Here's the guitar that qualified me to start this thread. I am very proud to own this guitar. I had to special order it and as soon as I got it, it was taken off the website of the (huge) store where I bought it: Discontinued in Europe and already not avaliable in the US. It is made in Japan and USA and was the top of the Pacifica line at that point in time. Interestingly, it is the most stratlike of all the PACS (especially soundwise) with less bling but highly refined features and a custom shop feel to it (no kidding). Thick swamp ash cap on a choice two-piece alder body, compound radius, top notch electronics, hardware and pups, etc. etc. At 965 euros ($1,200), it is a mind boggling steal.

Contour.jpg

Headstock.jpg

Warmothneck.jpg

PAC904.jpg

tremcavity.jpg

Tremarm.jpg

Electroniccavity.jpg

Detailfrets.jpg

bridge2.jpg

• Members

I really dig my '04 Pacifica 612v [orange stain flame maple top].I replaced the stock pickups with a zebra DiMarzio Air Zone at the bridge and a pair of black DiMarzio Area '61's at the mid/neck positions.Also upgraded all pots,5-way switch and jack to CTS and Switchcraft.Unfortunately,I have no pics to post at the moment.

Ed

• Members

It is indeed. That just reeks of quality.
:thu:

The 912 is also one of the big guys. :thu: Most people don't realise at all just how incredibly refined those top Pacificas are. My 904's every minute detail is top notch . The average forumite think that they (Pac's) all fall in the category of "good-bang-for-the-buck" hobbyist instruments and see a 112 in everyone of them (nothing wrong with a 112 but comparing a 112 with a 904 is like comparing an MIM strat with an american deluxe. Not quite the same thing). I even started a thread once called "the Pacifica riddle" that spoke of this widespread misconception. Fact is, the top end Pacificas are rare, special order only and few people have ever tried them in real life. And they all do look almost the same, do they not? (well, so does the strats).

Archived