The Fine Art of Naming Your Guitar

fiveoclockhero

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My first Strat had more treble bite than my friend's guitar, and I had this cheap Gorilla amp that had absolutely no low end. My friend would call my guitar "King Treble" and eventually KT for short. So I suppose you could say that guitar's name was "Katy" since that's what we called it.

I have built two partscasters, and I named them Mach One and Mach Two. I sold Mach Two, though. The next partscaster I put together will be Mach Three, I guess.

Those are the only "named" ones I have.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Skyisdead wrote:

I'm a girl and I have a black Les Paul guitar like Frank Iero but mine is, you know, black. And I wanted to know, how I would go about naming my guitar. I want something short so I can put the name in the guitar

What's wrong with naming it Frank?  Or BF, for Black Frank of, you know, BF?

• Members

I'm sure there are people out there who name their cutlery, I'm not one of them.

Since I only have one of each the guitars are called by their proper names, The Westone, The Hondo or The Yamaha. etc'

I did toy with calling the Fender Leo and the LP Les but I thought naming  was a bit sad and gave the idea up before habit set in.

However if Orianthi asked me to come over and help her name her PRS I would be enthusiastic and give it my best creative shot, could take a long dinner though :)

• Members

>>  I'm a bit surprised that someone hasn't already wandered in and said something like "Guitars are just wood and wire they're just tools. Would I name my hammer?"

That reply actually did come up on The Gear Page for this same thread. :)

I didn't for a long time... it was always "the LP" or "the Tele" or "the 57 strat."  A few months ago I decided to have some fun and out of the blue named my guitars after women in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (because I watched the whole series on Netflix all the way through).  Dawn (my Suhr), Anya (my LP) and Willow (my Carvin).  Bass is not named.  Silly and corny, but it makes me smile.  Not sure how long it'll stick before I go back to "the Les Paul" ...

Guitar Collection 2013

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...