Hey, Bluestrat.

Gregg Hall

• Members

Originally posted by Gregg Hall

What would you say about someone who created a new genre of music? You think that person being signed is more about talent or luck? Or still both?

Can you demonstrate where creating a new genre of music means you'll get signed? One doesn't automatically lead to another. What I said before stands.

Tell you what, though. Since you obviously disagree with me, why don't you give us all your timetable for when you think you're going to get that record deal. After all, it's all up to you, isn't it?:D

• Members

Originally posted by BlueStrat

Can you demonstrate where creating a new genre of music means you'll get signed? One doesn't automatically lead to another. What I said before stands.

Tell you what, though. Since you obviously disagree with me, why don't you give us all your timetable for when you think you're going to get that record deal. After all, it's all up to you, isn't it?
:D

Don't know about getting a record deal today with all the piracy lol.

• Members

Don't know about getting a record deal today with all the piracy lol.

Bluestrat has been through quite a bit of battles. If you want to know the low down of things? He's the guy who you want to hear it from.

If you want a major label deal? Bust your ass to get a CD out, a good following and sales of your CD's. Then the labels will be coming to you.

• Moderators

What would you say about someone who created a new genre of music? You think that person being signed is more about talent or luck? Or still both?

creating a new genre of music?

I do that all the time...doesn't make it popular, and sure doesn't mean its going to sell...:thu:

• Members

Ain't about talent or luck. It's about how much potential that person/genre has to bring in revenue to said major. Labels don't care what you've created, so old/new doesn't matter. Once they've seen that someone has shown a proof of concept by selling well locally, it's on. Let's not discuss how that person will be pissed as hell once they see loads of soundalikes popping up all around him as the majors start throwing studio and copycat bands together...

Archived