BigED

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by tangman

he's better than most people give him credit for but he's no dave lombardo
:D

i think people give lars flak for what he became, not what he was. i can't recall someone with an anti-lars argument that didn't go something like "load and reload are such shit, and his drums sound like ass on st. anger"

his drumming in the 80's set a pretty good metal standard, i think. i hate the prick though.

• Members

Originally posted by b0dah

i think people give lars flak for what he became, not what he was. i can't recall someone with an anti-lars argument that didn't go something like "load and reload are such {censored}, and his drums sound like ass on st. anger"

his drumming in the 80's set a pretty good metal standard, i think. i hate the prick though.

Imho his drumming in the 80's was alright but he was blown out of the water by other thrash bands

• Members

Originally posted by rikshaw

any of those metal guys that play double kick all the time

summary of meg whites drumming:

"when you hit the high hat... you hit the snare as well. no exceptions."

youre right on dude... shes the absolute worst. which makes me think; with the undisputed worst drummer in music and no bass player. how the {censored} is this band so big?

• Members

Originally posted by thewaterchapter

summary of meg whites drumming:

"when you hit the high hat... you hit the snare as well. no exceptions."

youre right on dude... shes the absolute worst. which makes me think; with the undisputed worst drummer in music and no bass player. how the {censored} is this band so big?

Because Jack White can write some pretty good songs. I gotta admit, the guy is pretty talented. There's lot's of bands that made it big with guys that were mediocre with their instruments. The Beatles often admitted they hardly ever practiced. Metallica's Lars and James created a monster but alone they are nothing special, not even considered very good.

I think what makes a good band is good songs to start with and chemistry between the members AND the audience. Sorry for sidetracking this thing.

• Members

Travis Barker?

Let me say that I'm not into Blink-182 at all, but this guy has gotten so much boot-licking, ass-kissing press in drumming circles. From what I've heard, the guy is doing nothing but playing 4/4m pop-punk....so boring and simple any 5th grader could master his material in just a few short hours.....and the drum press treats him like he's the 2nd coming of Joh Bonham or Keith Moon.

• Members

Barker is far from the worst famous drummer. He gets a lot of press because his band is so popular but I don't think I've seen anyone touting him as the next coming of Bonzo or Moon. They all say he's a very good (or even great) drummer but I've never seen the terms "innovator" or "legend" used with regard to him. A lot of press does not equal implied legendariness.

Anyway, the question was not "who is the most overrated drummer", but "who is the worst drummer who has achieved some fame" (paraphrasing). Meg White certainly fits that bill. Rikki Rockett isn't even that bad - he plays parts that fit the songs and he can at least play to a click decently - that or he has pretty good time on his own. How about the guy from The Romantics ("What I Like About You" and "Talking In Your Sleep")?

• Members

Originally posted by ArtVandelay

Barker is far from the worst famous drummer. He gets a lot of press because his band is so popular but I don't think I've seen anyone touting him as the next coming of Bonzo or Moon. They all say he's a very good (or even great) drummer but I've never seen the terms "innovator" or "legend" used with regard to him. A lot of press does not equal implied legendariness.

Anyway, the question was not "who is the most overrated drummer", but "who is the worst drummer who has achieved some fame" (paraphrasing). Meg White certainly fits that bill. Rikki Rockett isn't even that bad - he plays parts that fit the songs and he can at least play to a click decently - that or he has pretty good time on his own. How about the guy from The Romantics ("What I Like About You" and "Talking In Your Sleep")?

Barker fan? ;)

• Members

I don't even consider Meg White to be a rock drummer. She's a novelty. Nobody takes her seriously, and I doubt anybody ever will. So arguing about her merits as a drummer is pointless.

I don't really have much to say about Travis Barker. I'm not a fan of his work, but I won't deny that he's a good drummer. What he lacks in creativity, he makes up for in chops.

I'd have to say Peter Criss is the most unaccomplished rock drummer of all time. I've never seen him do anything outside of KISS. From what I have seen of him, he doesn't even seem to have a personality.

• Members

When I read the name of this thread I tried to come up with the worst drummer I could think of and I immedietly came up with Meg White from the White Stripes and when the thread was done loading, who's name appears on the first post?

THATS RIGHT! MEG WHITE!! hahahaha that prooves she's not only the worst drummer to have made it but maybe even the worst in the world!

And I read somewhere that on the song My Doorbell, they even hired in a studiomusician! hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOD! I almost laughed my throat apart when I read that!! LoLz!! I mean...helllooooo!!!!

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Tomske

also travis barker is shit and extremely overrated!

Tell us how you really feel. :D

I think it's safe to say that Meg White is the worst drummer in rock music. I mean, seriously, the woman can barely keep a beat. What band, besides White Stripes, capitalizes on the weakness of their musicianship? Kinda sad, frankly, when I hear her.

:cry:

Archived