Sign in to follow this  
TimeKeeper310

Drum Mics

Hey guys. I'm buying a set of Nady drum mics today. It's the 7-pc kit..DMK-7.......had a few good reviews in musicians friend. Have any of you guys used them yet?...or am I going to be the guinea pig?.....i'll inform ya'll of their performance!!...stay tuned

might post over in the recording forum, or do some searching over there.

think there is a plcae with mic reviews (mojopie??) somewhere? if i find it i'll post.

guessing alot of the cheaper mics that are made in china, are made in the same place, but don't know for sure?

anyways, seems like maybe CAD, doesn't get ragged on as much as the nady??

Do you really need 7 mics?

If I were you, I'd buy a couple nice overhead mics, and a kick mic. I have a 6 piece CAD set, and most of the time I just use the overheads and a kick mic, and once in a while throw an SM-57 on the snare.

Originally posted by Skr4ped

If I were you, I'd buy a couple nice overhead mics, and a kick mic. I have a 6 piece CAD set, and most of the time I just use the overheads and a kick mic, and once in a while throw an SM-57 on the snare.

.Oman!!..That sounds like me!!....i'd rather NOT have to mic all toms, and so on....i am just starting to need more micing, than just my kick...but i sure like the sound of the overheads with one on kick...since my drums are fairly loud..i do like my new heads....evans hydros, on the bigger pearls toms...but i'm looking into the 3-mic set-up...like that idea...THANX!!!

Originally posted by Skr4ped

Sounds like me too. I'm just a drummer, not a sound tech.