Most under rated guitarists of all time

Skitzo130

• Members

Originally posted by ThumpThumpTwang

I first heard of him on a tribute to Hound Dog Taylor CD. Good stuff.

I saw Hubert Sumlin once in a little club in Detroit. He put on a great show. I don't remember off hand who he played with.

Howlin Wolf

• Members

I don't think that Curt Cobain was very talented at all, and John Lennon was one of the best songwriters ever, but wasn't an astounding player, which is why Harrison, who was an underrated master, was the lead in the Beatles.

• Members

John Mayer

Ever since "your body is a wonderland" came out he's been branded as a pop singer for love sick teenie boppers, but he can really really really play. He's my favorite guitarist and songwriter. I think people will start to recognize his talents a bit better now that his cd "try" is out. Give it a listen if you don't believe me. He's great.

• Members

Willie Nelson

Yes he's a great songwriter but man he can REALLY play. He rips doing his spanish thing on an acoustic.

Never really thought much of him as a musician until I caught him on Austin City Limits one day with all the old school guys. Waylon, Christopherson and a few others that I can't remember. Willie just blew me away.

• Members

Originally posted by BradPA77

John Mayer

Ever since "your body is a wonderland" came out he's been branded as a pop singer for love sick teenie boppers, but he can really really really play. He's my favorite guitarist and songwriter. I think people will start to recognize his talents a bit better now that his cd "try" is out. Give it a listen if you don't believe me. He's great.

Well said.

He is almost as good as Jason from Quixotic Rage.:D

• Members

Well nowadays it would have to be Eddie Van Halen.

Because of his whoring instincts and the fact that flash is "out", he's not getting his due. Yes I understand that in his hayday he gained some ground in recognition but respect for him has diminished drastically since then.

Eddie truley is an innovater in the class of a Jimi Hendrix or a Chuck Berry.

A few worth mentioning;

Pete Townshend, Frank Zappa, Billy Gibbons and Alvin Lee.

Alvin Lee was doing Jimmy Page before Jimmy Page was doing ...um....Jimmy Page.

• Members

Originally posted by Skitzo130

omg

i was just about to post that

i just got so intrigued when i found out a bout him by searching for stevie ray vaughan on pandora

Yeah, even his stuff in Bloodline when he was like 16 or 17 was amazing.

Archived