pacific fx series kits-any good?

gavstar69

• Members

Originally posted by aqualung211

deedub? have you....have y......did you go to the light side?
:love:

Yes my friend. I have seen the error of my ways and have sold all my other kits and have bought both a Delite kit and a 3005 bop kit.

I love them more than life itself.

....huh? Where am I? Was I dreaming?.....

:D

• Members

Originally posted by T Hofmann

drummer in my last band had a set of pacifics, the birch ones. I helped him buy it. we left the stock hardware at the store, it did not look very good at all.

The drums themselves sound pretty freaking good. A good value, too.

not deserving of such a harsh slagging.

Im guessing thats not the DW hardware their using

• Members

Hi, just want to thank all you guys for your input, i'm new to this board and i'm impressed at the level of enthusiasm/knowledge!! Lots of good points made for and against the FX.

I've gigged just once with a dw and i must say it felt and sounded beautiful. Might be worth paying out extra for in the end...Ill keep you posted! Gavin, Dublin.

• Members

Originally posted by mraia

Im guessing thats not the DW hardware their using

it's pacific hardware. really flimsy looking.

why the hell do they make flimsy double-braced hardware when they could make a sturdier single-braced stand with the same amount of material and (prolly) less effort?

• Members

Originally posted by T Hofmann

it's pacific hardware. really flimsy looking.

why the hell do they make flimsy double-braced hardware when they could make a sturdier single-braced stand with the same amount of material and (prolly) less effort?

Im sure the answer to this is the obvious one, but why make lightweight stuff at all, other than for ease of set up and transport?

Maybe thats enough of a reason, but i hate that flimsy crap.

• Members

Originally posted by mraia

Im sure the answer to this is the obvious one, but why make lightweight stuff at all, other than for ease of set up and transport?

Maybe thats enough of a reason, but i hate that flimsy crap.

lightweight does not equal flimsy! check out the dw 6000 series stuff.

you can't set up very many of these at a time; the tripods are space hogs. But for a guy like me, who plays a small kit 'cause he hates carrying a buncha {censored} alldetime, wow. perfect.

Archived