Taye Tour Pro?

goodbye,beautiful

• Members

I can get a nice Taye Tour Pro at a local shop for $900 used. Is this a good deal? What do you guys think of Taye drums?

I currently have a tama Grandstar kit. I want that modern "Foo Fighters" drum sound. This kit has a 24" kick and I have a 22" right now. Thoughts opinions?

...and if it matters, the taye is in the color I want...I HATE the color of my tamas.

• Members

Hi GBB

I had a listen to a new Tour Pro recently that im thinking about buying.

I think the 24 kick sounds great.Im looking at the pearl white in a10x8.5,12x9,16x16,24x18 and a 14x7 snare.The hardwear looks O/k but I don,t think I would put it in the same class as say the Tama Road Pro gear which I use.The kits $2195 here in NZ so thats probably not much help to you,What is the Kits colour?

• Members

Just got back from rehearsal with one of my 'fill-in' bands. We ended up rehearsing in a school band room because the rehearsal room dude shafted us. They had a Taye StudioMaple kit (in Antique Honey - WOW!!) that I was able to use.

NICE KIT!! Sound wise, I'd put them right up there with my dw's. If the TourPro is even remotely like the StudioMaple, then I'd say go for it!!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by goodbye,beautiful

Anyone? Gonna maybe buy them today at 3
;)

The issue is this: We've mostly heard really good things about Taye drums, but not too many of us have actually played them ourselves.

Sounds like it's probably a good deal on some drums you'll probably love, but I'd have a hard time saying that for sure.

Good luck!

/w

• Members

I almost bought Taye before I bought my Sonor kit. I really like the mod look of the lugs and logo. It basically came down to aesthetics for me. The Tayes were a wrap finish, my Sonor kit is laquered.

They are an excellent kit for the money, from all of my reviews and hands on time with them.

Archived