Sign in to follow this  
mddittman

DTXplorer and double bass

My son's been playing acoustic drums for a few years and wants an electric set so that he can practice at night. His one stipulation is that he has to be able to use double bass with it, a lot of his songs require it.

Can the DTXplorer support a double bass pedal, or be adapted somehow to allow one to be used?

Not sure, but looking at the pic, it doesn't seem to be wide enough to accomadate 2 beaters. You could always buy the kick pad for the DTXpress II. That pad will work with a db pedal. Not sure how much it is ...

dtxplorer.jpg

If those cymbals are anything like the ones that were used on the original DTXpress (year 2000), they don't trigger very well. I had the original Xpress and replaced the cymbals, and the snare (just because I wanted a full size snare drum). The round pads triggered very well, but the 2 cymbal pads did not. As you can see, I kept one of them for the ride ... but the triggering was usually pretty inconsistant.

drums.jpg

Post your question in the DTXplorer section of DTXperience.com. There are drummers there that use double pedals with the Yamaha kicks.