Best route for cheapish electronic drum kit?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Hey guys. I'm a guitar player who occasionally likes to pick up the sticks, but more than anything I'm lookin to have a kit at home where I can control the volume for late night jams and what not.

I fully understand that an electric kit capable of "tearing up" an acoustic kit is going to cost a pretty penny and thats not what I'm after. I'm not at a level with my drumming where I feel like I'm able to justify the expense, or tell the difference. I do, however, want a drummer to be able to sit down and not feel like he's "fighting" the kit. I will also be using this kit for recording, but likely only for scratch tracks and ideas.

I would like to spend less than 800 dollars, and I'll be buying used for sure. What would you guys recommend? It would be in a project studio, so it would need to be pretty versatile, but I would imagine that isn't exactly a problem for an electric kit. Most used kits seem to have a pedal thrown in, but it should be noted that I don't really want my total investment to exceed 800.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help in advance!

Archived