Clevelander Drum Company - what do you know about it?

• Members

Recently got a Clevelander snare drum at a yard sale for $10. Still has an original Clevelander head on it, and it's pretty dead, so I can't tell how it sounds yet (won't be able to replace it for a couple weeks or so). I looked up their company, and there really isn't much information about them on their website, and I can't find much in the way of reviews. The serial # on it is "246," which makes me think it's a pretty old drum, but it looks to be in good condition. Their site only has maple-finished drums, but this looks more like walnut (more brown, less red in the finish). Any ideas, thoughts on it? Anyone know about the company?

• Members

Recently got a Clevelander snare drum at a yard sale for $10. Still has an original Clevelander head on it, and it's pretty dead, so I can't tell how it sounds yet (won't be able to replace it for a couple weeks or so). I looked up their company, and there really isn't much information about them on their website, and I can't find much in the way of reviews. The serial # on it is "246," which makes me think it's a pretty old drum, but it looks to be in good condition. Their site only has maple-finished drums, but this looks more like walnut (more brown, less red in the finish). Any ideas, thoughts on it? Anyone know about the company?

Maple as a wood is almost pure white with the softer more open grain having a slight peanutbutter color.The natural finish on most maple drums is a dull transparent yellow, from the laquer topcoat. Your drum could be maple with a rootbeer finish. Check the inside of the shell to see if it is unfinished.

Archived