Good Earplugs

The Professiona

• Members

Check out the thread I just posted on "New style hearing protection". You can get a free pair to try if ya click on the link. Also, read the PDF. They appear to be for "medium" type noise environments, say 85db to 90db. Obviously acoustic drums, or a stage band is louder, but it seems to me these would block the harmful levels and still allow for optimal hearing that would sound muffled.

I've tried the "Hero's". They're great, but they muffle too much for my liking. I use IEM's now when playing. But for home practice in the basement when I'm not using my mp3 player, these may be the ticket. Plus, they are reusable to a point.

Where is this thread you speak of?

• Members

I got the ER 20's from Etymotic last week.

12 dB isn't enough to play drums in a loud rock context (at least for me it wasn't). They felt fine while I was jamming except for the cymbals being a tad too loud - however - the morning after, my ears were ringing like mad.

When I'm not sitting behind the kit though, they're great. Good for shows too. For now, I'm still using cheap foam earplugs when drumming. I'd like to invest in a more powerful, custom pair from Etymotic or another company in the future.

• Members

I got the ER 20's from Etymotic last week.

12 dB isn't enough to play drums in a loud rock context (at least for me it wasn't). They felt fine while I was jamming except for the cymbals being a tad too loud - however - the morning after, my ears were ringing like mad.

When I'm not sitting behind the kit though, they're great. Good for shows too. For now, I'm still using cheap foam earplugs when drumming. I'd like to invest in a more powerful, custom pair from Etymotic or another company in the future.

This.

Archived