OT, Calling All Friends...

cdawg

• Members

Chris............ive been where you are. Life sucks at times, but theres so much beauty in it also. Ive been struggling myself over the past four years. The only advice I can give you is to surround yourself with great people. Go out of your way to find them. If anybody is negative......leave them on the curbside. My dads been gone for almost seven years and I think about him everyday.....your son will rely on you so much!.

And besides that dammit!! I missed you at the jam!! I enjoyed watching you on the first vid and was looking forward to meeting you. Im looking forward to the next time we can "both" make it there.

Take care of yourself!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thank you guys!

two-- you do identify pretty well, judging by your post, thanks for stepping in, brother! i'm sorry about your dad. as far as neil, too mechanical for me, but i respect him a ton, and do enjoy his playing. i'm a buddy man. plus, he was a prick, like me!!

race-- i feel really bad about the jam, especially when i saw the peeps that were going. good words about the folks to surround myself with. that's why i've been hanging around here so much! plus, i've been reaching out @ home more. i see how lucky i am now. many AA skills apply. "one day at a time."

• Members

Been where you are a thousand times. It was caused by a situation I felt stuck in. I can relate 100%. Best thing you can do is figure out what's causing it (which, to me, sounds like a financial thing, not that it's any of my business) and try to leave the situation. Have you thought about relocating to a city with a better job market? Or just one with more things you like to do?

• Members

thank you, FD. finances are only some of it, brother. actually, pittsburgh is in much better shape than the rest of the country. and i'd be stupid to move away from my support.

when you get sick like this, there isn't something external that makes you this way. it is truly physical/chemical. however, external triggers will compound the issue. in my case, finances, mental abuse, death of my mom, a host of anxiety triggers, a host of depressive triggers, yada, yada...

and the sicker i get, the more triggers there are. things that most people don't consider are difficult for me. today, i was cringing at loud noises: motorcycles, car horns, crying babies. these are the things that keep me inside. i have to struggle to go out everyday.

• Members

It must be a musician (or artist) thing. I also get this way from time to time. Feeling like the whole world has rejected me, and I give thought to what it would be like if I was gone. Luckily for me, I'm usually ok the next day. I guess it's transient depression or something.

But it sure does help when you can talk to someone about it.

So as everyone else has said, don't hesitate to come here and let it all hang out. Someone will always be here for you.

OK, now go play your kit! lol.

• Members

deedub, it really is a creative thing. brains wired differently. i recently read a book called "a first-rate madness." it touched on some major leaders over the past two hundred years, and how their illnesses aided them in their creativity. think of leaders like FDR, JFK, lincoln and even hitler. all achieved amazing things, all were depressed, manic or both. (this is not a pro hitler stance, just a statement of fact. he did wage quite a war, like it, or not.)

imo, artists and musicians probably indulge in drugs and alcohol mostly due to their lack of coping skills, and this comes from some type of mental illness. abuse is worse more than ever, but long ago, it was more localized with musicians and artists.

• Members

Chris my brother, I'm beyond glad you're ok. Truly, I am.

Depression is a bitch, I've dealt with it for almost 2 decades now, been "through" therapy twice (most recent time just a couple years ago), have done the attemtped suicide thing a couple times (pills were my chosen mode at the time) and battle with feeling generally worthless most days. Upcoming events in my life (pending bankruptcy, losing our house, {censored} job situation) are making all those feelings grow each day, but I deal. I deal because I have to, not because I always want to, but because I have to.

My reason for maintaining as best I can are my sons. One thought of leaving them without their dad crushes me and makes me push through whatever it is bothering me until I come out the other side.

What I'm getting at is just telling you what works for me. Having that thing to focus on makes me keep going. Find that thing and hold it close to you.

You ARE important, you ARE needed and above all else, you ARE loved. I feel all three of these things towards you, as do many of us here.

Many forums call themselves a community, but this place IS a true community. We care for each other and look out for each other, no matter what, and that is what makes this place so special to us.

Unlike Jim, I'm only 2 hours away and I'll bring ya a Primanti Bros sammich. :-)

CALL ME if you need anything, CALL ME if you're bored, just DON'T CALL ME if you're naked... even I have my limits... :lol:

814-323-0482 phone is always on and never more than a foot from me.

Love ya bro,
Mike

• Members

my rogers brother!! thank you!

mikey, you said it all. i got to see my boy today for the first time since my hospital stint. "daddy, you're squeezing my cheese out!" :) don't worry folks. i put the cheese back in.

you're right. this place is no bull{censored}. (hc drum forum, will you marry me?)

• Members

YES! We will, just relax and get better. Your bros, your friends, your online family! Praying for you and your family many times over! Praying that God takes the worry away and has many blessings for you and your family! Look for the good and strive for the best!

Archived