craigs find??

cdawg

• Members

I have one of those snares, and it's a good snare. The nice thing is that you can change out the shell and get a different tone. The one down side of it being a piccolo is that you don't get as much of an affect out of the shell material as you would a deeper snare. For $40 you can't go wrong.

• Members

If I had money burning a hole in my pocket, I suppose I'd look into it, but it would only be if I knew that the deeper shells, in maple, and extended lugs to fit them, were easily acquired and relatively cheap as well.

Otherwise, I'd just save my pennies for a more generally useful/all-around snare (Personally not a fan of piccolos).

• Members

that's what i was thinkin. i texted the dood as soon as i seen it. he said he has a guy coming thurs. guy would be a sap to no- show. i'm still in line, tho. waaaah!

Yeah, maybe up the offer a bit. what talks and what walks and all. shells for these drums are on ebay regularly. also a good option for a steam-bent shell from vaughncraft or whoever.

then again, you did just score a sweet-ass chrome/rubber yammy snare...

• Members

Yeah, maybe up the offer a bit. what talks and what walks and all. shells for these drums are on ebay regularly. also a good option for a steam-bent shell from vaughncraft or whoever.

then again, you did just score a sweet-ass chrome/rubber yammy snare...

:lol:

yeah, i'm no snare whore. don't really have $$ to burn, either. just ordered a new head and snares for the rubber snare. that'll do.

since the first drum jam i do have a fantasy of finding some sucker who doesn't know the worth of their yamaha copper snare, tho ;) thanks, tim.

Archived