The heck is the difference in these 2 kits?

nerol1st

• Members

I see no difference from the description, or picture. The only thing I see is SK6 and SL6.

Finish may not be the/only difference: the first paragraph of the product description would be a clue...

"The Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive SL 6-Piece Shell Pack includes a 22" x 18" kick drum without tom mount, 10" x 6-1/2" and 12" x 7" rack toms, 14' x 12" and 16" x 14" floor toms, and a 14" x 5-1/2" snare drum, as well as tom adapters and clamps."

vs.

"The Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive SK 6-Piece Shell Pack includes a 22" x 18" kick drum, 10" x 6-1/2" and 12" x 7" rack toms, 14" x 12" and 16" x 14" floor toms, and a 14" x 5-1/2" snare drum; as well as tom adaptors and clamps."

I know the picture shows the toms mounted on stands, but it could be the difference in virgin kick or not as well.

• Members

Hmm {censored}ty, I hope the cheaper is not kick drum mounted toms. I'll have to call and confirm. {censored}ing annoying that they would picture a different kit than what is being sold but it is MF.com after all.

I'm not even 100% sold on this kit but I do like the die cast hoops, 100% bitch shells, and the way the toms are not mounted to the kick (as well as the diameters of the shells themselves).

If it's just the finish, then I can get over it. :lol:

Archived