what are your favorite headphones?

Mopzilla

• Members

true dat. Since I started mixing I've been using a pair of old hi-fi headphones my grandfather used to use while listening to his opera records. They feel a little uncomfortable after the 3rd hour or so, but they sound SO good. They're probably almost as old as I am, if not older.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

sennheiser. HD25. unless you go totally hi-fi, you can't find better frequency range/response. Plus, they're totally closed, so no matter how loud the club you're playing in is, you can still hear every little detail of your music in your phones. Plus, every piece is user replaceable.

Next time you watch a football game or something like that, look to see what kind of headphones the announcers are wearing. 9 times out of ten it will be the sennheiser HD25, cause it's the best.

Sony's don't reproduce natural sound. They give you altered bass sounds and so on. Add to that a much lower frequency range, and we're proven once again that the name on the product means more to the consumer than the quality of the actual product.

Archived