Is Liam Gallagher a good technically singer?

• Moderators

He's one of my favourites too. But I don't think he's really a good technical singer, at times he sounds quite strained. Though he has a good range, he keeps majority of his notes between middle C and B just under high C.

• Members

From what I can hear with my uneducated ears, I would say no. Not a good technical singer, or a singer with any kind of training at all.

His "charm" is in the songs and the personality of his voice and how it fits with the songs Oasis do.

My advice to you two is keep lovin him as a singer, but aim to be a BETTER singer than him.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hey there!

I think his voice sounds cool in many songs, but Liam is far from being a good singer technically.

He puts all the strain on his throat instead of the full body, and even uses his nose a lot to produce a sound. It's extremely hard to sing this way and it limits your power and range.

It sounds like Liam's voice is completely stuck in his throat and it takes a lot of effort for him to sing.

He ended up loosing his voice and i'm not surprised, because his technique is a killer for your voice!

Liam sounded good in the beginning of his career because he had a good voice. But you can't sing like this for a long period of time. 

Hope this helps!

Archived