Sign in to follow this  
BushmasterM4

Panels are up !!!!! Pics

Ok. Finally got all the panels up. When you walk into the room now, it feels like its sucking all the air out of you ears. Ive listened to some music in there, but have not had a chance to record and mix something new. I trashed my studio putting them up, but its now the cleanest its been in a while. I have about $24 in each one. The corner ones are 4" thick so they are a little more, $32. Here are some pics. Im done for a while. Time to enjoy.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

Only half the mess. Didnt take any more pics of the mess.

IMG_0832.jpg

My new ugly couches (have 2). Giving up the plaid couches. They will be gone next friday. Daughter is taking them.

IMG_0828.jpg

Yea. I actually like them. Lot of people trash Behringer. But these are pretty good for the price. Loud as hell and sound really good

Thats what I say! I have a pair, and they do a pretty good job! But I do want to get another pair of a different brand for reference monitors...

Thats what I say! I have a pair, and they do a pretty good job! But I do want to get another pair of a different brand for reference monitors...

I also use my old Sansui amp and Polk Monitor 10's as a reference. Plus I have Klipsch pc speakers which are pretty awesome. And I dug out an old set of Altec Lansing Speakers (3.1's). They sound great too.

Very nice looking man.

I'm doing the ceiling corner traps as well, just don't have them built yet. :thu:

How did you mount yours (ceiling corners), if I may ask?

Very nice looking man.

I'm doing the ceiling corner traps as well, just don't have them built yet.
:thu:

How did you mount yours (ceiling corners), if I may ask?

I used picture hooks rated for 30lbs for the wall units (eyelets and wire attached to panels held them to the hangers). The ceiling ones I used ceiling hooks and wire. I used 4 seperate pieces of wire on the ceiling panels. I could have used chain and "S" hooks, but had alot of wire to use up. Chain would have been a little easier.

Looks very well done. Perhaps it's worth mentioning that a bit of reverb in a control room is a good thing though. It keeps you from adding too much during mixing. You should measure your RT60 and compare it to 'pro standards', whatever those are. If it's not high enough, maybe rearrange and throw a diffusor in the back?