Sign in to follow this  
kompulsive

PreSonus FireBox?

I just want to get started in the DIY recording world by recording some vocals over instrumental tracks that are already finished. Eventually, I want to move on to using a MIDI keyboard/controller to work on beats as well. I have a PC I will be using sequencing software on that I want this box to work in tandem with. I mainly do Hip-Hop music but might be recording instruments one at a time to sample as well. What do you guys think about this product?

i've got mine loaded with the firmware update and the new vista 64 laptop w/ new drivers. got the blue light of hope, but haven't had a chance to take it for a spin being that finals week is right on my ass. i'll be doing some light demo tracking relatively soon and will be able to confirm or deny any sort of issues specific to the firebox in comparison to known problems w/ firepod, etc.

I've had zero problems with my Firebox. I'm not running Vista, but for the price and options it gives you, it's hard to beat. I produced a 12 song CD with mine and no glitches. Haven't done any MIDI yet though.

Hi,

We used it for recording a CD and it worked fine. It has a very solid feel to it and is extremely portable. I liked just plugging it into the firewire port on my laptop and being able to record anywhere if needed. I was using a Mac.

s.

Firebox works great, but I had serious problems using it with Vista...so much so that I took back my computer and exchanged it for a Mac. The only problem I have now is that my daw (cakewalk 8 Producer) requires Mac's Bootcamp program to work. I wish I would have known that the pc wouldn't work, as I would have just bought Logic instead.

Oh, well.

well after a bit of screwing around i got the firebox and cubase going in vista 64. seemed fine for the most part, but the drivers seem to have a couple issues that i havent had a chance to completely resolve. cubase didn't seem to want to let me run the audio output through the computer after selecting the presonus driver, and then it gave me some error message after i switched back to hear what was recorded (i dont have dedicated monitors as of yet). the playback was a bit crackly, which may have been a software issue after the apparent driver confusion (or proximity, i did this all in about 3 mins).

i'll give another update if there are fixes and/or more issues.