Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Slide

Slap, Tap & Stuff: The Dark Slide Video Thread !

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by Dark Slide

http://hatredalive.com/nicks/vanslappe.wmv


There you go. That should be pretty close.


I THINK the reason it's hard to tell what he is doing is because he is popping with his middle finger and not his index. Watch him closely.


Edit: I will make another quick video because it's possible that he is double thumbing the thumb part. So I can show you that.

 

ferukin brilliant...i got a ray 5 now..do i need to grow a beard...

seriously you have shown me whats what in that department...cool:thu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, this is how it would be played with a double thumb. I had to increase the brightness of the video, so it may look a little off.

 

I tried to change my hand position closer to what his is what is REALLY awkward for me, but hopefully makes it easier to see what he is doing.

 

I think in at least one section (If not the whole video) he is doing some double thumb and this is how it's done. If you can't play double thumb, refer to the first video as there is no real need for it.

 

http://hatredalive.com/nicks/vanslappe2.wmv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dark Slide

http://hatredalive.com/nicks/vanslappe.wmv


There you go. That should be pretty close.


I THINK the reason it's hard to tell what he is doing is because he is popping with his middle finger and not his index. Watch him closely.


Edit: I will make another quick video because it's possible that he is double thumbing the thumb part. So I can show you that.

 

Wow, you rock DS...thanks for that.

 

*runs off to embarass himself trying to play this*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mrcrow



ferukin brilliant...i got a ray 5 now..do i need to grow a beard...

seriously you have shown me whats what in that department...cool:thu:

 

Outstanding!! You got that 'Ray!!

Welcome to the family! How you liking it so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I finished the second video... but it's like 16 minutes long and almost 100 megs. Any suggestions? I can't host it all myself, it will kill the bandwidth. Yourtube wont hold it because it's too long. I can try Myspace, but myspace tends to be slow.

 

I could compress it more, but I think it needs to be reasonably high quality so people can see what is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dark Slide

Ok, I finished the second video... but it's like 16 minutes long and almost 100 megs. Any suggestions? I can't host it all myself, it will kill the bandwidth. Yourtube wont hold it because it's too long. I can try Myspace, but myspace tends to be slow.


I could compress it more, but I think it needs to be reasonably high quality so people can see what is happening.

 

No ideas here, other than maybe splitting the video into separate pieces for those other sites? That way you can keep the quality up and the file size down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dark Slide

Ok, this is how it would be played with a double thumb. I had to increase the brightness of the video, so it may look a little off.


I tried to change my hand position closer to what his is what is REALLY awkward for me, but hopefully makes it easier to see what he is doing.


I think in at least one section (If not the whole video) he is doing some double thumb and this is how it's done. If you can't play double thumb, refer to the first video as there is no real need for it.


http://hatredalive.com/nicks/vanslappe2.wmv

 

Do you ever double thumb, or are you able to get all the speed you need just smacking the strings like in the first video? I find it really hard/awkward to try to get good speed without double thumbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Derek5272



Do you ever double thumb, or are you able to get all the speed you need just smacking the strings like in the first video? I find it really hard/awkward to try to get good speed without double thumbing.

 

I do double thumb however it's gone downhill quite a bit because I prefer the thumb pop and that is how my style has evolved.

 

But I have no problem with the speed in the first video. Actually, it's a bit slow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dark Slide



I do double thumb however it's gone downhill quite a bit because I prefer the thumb pop and that is how my style has evolved.


But I have no problem with the speed in the first video. Actually, it's a bit slow...

 

I tried both methods, the first one is definatly more "natural" to me and came a lot easier. The double thumb is going to take some work, but based on your two videos I am not sure it's even worth it since the first technique just feels better to me.

 

 

Amazing how simple this is when it gets broken down like this...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video 2 is being posted, the first part is up, the second part will be up as soon as I am done uploading it.

 

Any requests for information, more details, specific things to be addressed in the next video, etc, can be posted here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Dark Slide

Video 2 is being posted, the first part is up, the second part will be up as soon as I am done uploading it.


Any requests for information, more details, specific things to be addressed in the next video, etc, can be posted here.

 

Ok here is an idea; how about the rest of that video I asked about, he changes from the techniuqe that you showed us to something else...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...