Sign in to follow this  
metalbob

In loving prayer jpo259

Wow. That's truly a shame. I pray for his children. I can't even imagine such a pointless loss at their age.

I remember posting some inquiries about whether or not I should buy an old Ibanez Musician bass I had come across a few years back. In particular, his enthusiasm and comments for that bass convinced me to go ahead and make the purchase. I've never regretted it and it's still my main bass to this day. No doubt, I will think of him this weekend when I open up that case, lay eyes on it and strike that first note. Very sad indeed.

Originally posted by venturawest

you know what really bothers me? the pictures. i didn't know jpo personally, but i liked his posts, and i enjoyed his comments. it's like an abstraction.

until you see the pictures - and i realise this man, whom i didn't know personally, was real. and he has real survivors, and real children left at home. and he was obviously in real, real pain. it breaks my heart. RIP.

Ya, they pretty much kicked my butt too when I was searching. I had a few exchanges with him but that's about it, truely a guy who I wish that I had known better.

:( I remember following his experiences with the EK musical. He was a good guy and a very talented musician.

I will be praying for his family and soul.

Rest in Peace.

It's just so strange, people here seem to think he was doing very well at the time. Then he just shoots himself while driving down the road. So odd, it sounds written for TV. And it's so sad.

Well, I can't say I ever noticed him depressed or anything.

His last action on the forum (the very day of the drama) was to update a gear list. :(

Originally posted by Jazz Ad

Well, I can't say I ever noticed him depressed or anything.

His last action on the forum (the very day of the drama) was to update a gear list.
:(

Doesn't seem to fit, does it?

Does anyone have anything to add in memory of our buddy ?

This thread is about to make it to the FAQ.

We'll make sure the family can have access to it, too.