OT- cell phone help

1039greenday

• Members

Ok, heres the story. Last i took a shower, i left my wallet, and cell phone in my pants not thinking that anyone would do anything to it.Fast forward to this morning, my mom washed my pants, with my cell phone and wallet in it. My phone was on when it went in. There is now no power. It seemed like water was in the screens ( outside and inside screen ). We're letting it dry, there seems to be no more water on the inside screen, but there is still water in the outside screen. I would realy like to gather the information from my cell phone to but into a new one ill be getting soon. Is there anything i can do to get this thing working?

Thank you

• Members

I wouldn't give up hope! Open it up, let it dry out, try charging the battery (see if the "charging" thing lights up) and try it again. With water, most of our engineers (television) say "let it dry out and it'll be fine". Our trucks do a LOT of sporting events in the rain, and this is usually how it goes.

As an aside, there was a story of a cameraman dropping a broadcast camera into the ocean. He takes it straight to the engineer and tells him what happened. The engineer grabs tha camera and throws it into the pool, and tells the guy "fish it out, dry it out, it'll be fine!". The salt water was the big danger, by washing it out, he saved the camera! (Don't try this with your camcorder, though! Broadcast cameras have no recorders in them. The heads on the recorder would probably have been destroyed by the salt!!!)

• Members

my mom has done the same to me, i just left the phone to dry for 2 days and recharged the battery and it worked fine, only thing was, when i dropped in used motor oil at work thats when it {censored}ed up. if you have a motorola phone, you can just pull the sim card out and swap it over to a new motorola phone with all your contacts on it

• Members

A buddy of mine was working on a reef tank (saltwater) and right before my eyes his Motorola 530i came off its' clip and went into the drink. After fishing it out it took about a week to dry out and it worked just fine. Or, I should say, as well as it originally did- I had the same phone (issued by our employers so they could crawl up our asses every minute of the day) and I had no love for it.

• Members

I spilt a bottle of Smirnoff over mine. It was fine for a couple of months, but then stopped working. Luckily I have insurance and they replaced it free. :)

Your phone should be okay once it's dried out, at least for a while anyway. If your phone has the option to save details to the phone or the SIM card, then you save all your details to the SIM, put the SIM in the new phone, then save all to the phone. That's what I did with my new phone.

Archived