Gig Question/Ideas

Thunderbroom

• Members

YFC has been asked to play a couple of gigs at the bar where we debuted...once in October and then again in November. The fella that's booking us told us we could do whatever we wanted as far as the gig goes since we don't have 3 hours of music yet.

Some options we have (that I can think of):

1. Have an opening band.

2. Play shortened sets with longer breaks and/or repeat some songs toward the end of the evening.

3. Take the last 30 - 60 minutes to do a jam with musicians that we invite to the gig. I'd call it "YFC & Friends".

Any other ideas?

• Members

2. Bars normally turn over customers every few hours, and the ones that stay will be too drunk to notice, or they are your friends, anyway. If they're dancing, repeat a verse, and chorus of the song you're playing, and stretch it out a little.

• Members

id go with taking longer breaks, especially if they have a good house DJ or some other tunes spinning when youre not playing.

that and get crackin on learning more tunes. practice with the band more often till the gig, youll be suprised how fast you will learn new songs when you actually have to.

• Members

Originally posted by sludgebass69

I say option #1............
:D;)

This is the way we're leaning...

We're only going to have one rehearsal between now and 10/15. We're going to try to add a few songs then. This weekend we're auditioning lead guitarists (the old one will play gigs until the new guy is up to speed). We're rehearsing the following weekend. Taking the following weekend off. Gigging on 10/8.

Archived