To anyone considering a Simmons Bass

ATHurtz

• Members

After the first $800.00 bass's neck began to come apart, Mr. Simmons graciously agreed to replace it. The replacement has a noticeable 'grain hole' on the upper wing near the horn. Upon contacting Mr. Simmons regarding this, his attitude was 'take it or leave it'. Although I realize that he has gone out of his way to appease me, I must call to anyone's attention who is considering a Simmons bass guitar that he has NOT perfected his construction and finishing technique and cannot offer the kind of professional build that is expected by experienced musicians. If I had it to do all over again, I would forego a Simmons bass guitar in favor of one of the many, many other repuatable bass guitar builders. Believe me, it's worth the exta money to go with a proven brand.

ATHurtz

• Members

Originally posted by ATHurtz

After the first $800.00 bass's neck began to come apart, Mr. Simmons graciously agreed to replace it. The replacement has a noticeable 'grain hole' on the upper wing near the horn. Upon contacting Mr. Simmons regarding this, his attitude was 'take it or leave it'. Although I realize that he has gone out of his way to appease me, I must call to anyone's attention who is considering a Simmons bass guitar that he has NOT perfected his construction and finishing technique and cannot offer the kind of professional build that is expected by experienced musicians. If I had it to do all over again, I would forego a Simmons bass guitar in favor of one of the many, many other repuatable bass guitar builders. Believe me, it's worth the exta money to go with a proven brand.

ATHurtz

Man, Roger Sadowsky is really mean spirited towards his competitors:D

Archived