Any experience with EMG 35DC's pickups?

xdamagexx

• Members

i have a Schecter bass with EMG HZ. its farted out on me. we narrowed to the preamp. but to replace it right, i would be spending just almost as much as if i replaced it all. plus when i called EMG they recommended that i try the EMG 35DC's. i play hard rock and metal so active would be nice. has anyone had experience with these? im leaning toward them but i would like to get a bit of feed back from a user.. on the HCBF reviews there was just one.. but it was all 10's. soo???

thanx

m/

• Members

I have 35DC's in two of my basses.

However, I recommend replacing your pickups with Bartolini passive pickups.

More transparent sounding. They have different models depending on your tone preference. I play hard rock/classic rock so I have the newer classic bass model.

I think you can get them in the size to fit the routs for your existing pickups.

Stevie

• Members

I use DCs on all my basses unless somebody orders something else. I haven't been impressed by any of the others at all.

The eqs...btc and bqc...are amazing in their range of tonal qualities, but my personal basses are just the pickups with seperate volume pots. I always ran the tone controls at zero, so why bother with them.

Archived