Spector/Warwick Basses

Ole Man Blues

• Members

Stopped in at GC after church and played a few Spector and Warwick basses today. 1st the Warwicks are heavy and played alright, too clean sounding for my style.

The Spectors (Euros) played better but those roundwound strings have got to go. After playing Flatwounds for a while and you pick up a bass with roundwounds you feel the difference, and hear the noise when you slide your fingers around. I'd like to hear a Spector with Flats on it.

I believe the Schector basses have the best playing necks. I played a 4 and a 5 string, very nice. EMG's I don't care for.

Came back home and played my P Bass and it felt right. GAS relieved for a while.....:cool:

OMB

• Members

I agree with you on the strings I use flats on my eb2 and it almost has that upright type of sound and ground wounds on my tbird there still a little like rounds but smother i like that don't i'll ever go back to rounds just don't feel right any more. And the spectors are killer basses but i don't really like the body styles on either the specs or the wars just me but the specs do have better necks I think.

Archived