Willl-ma!!!!

Rowka

• Members

Originally posted by burdizzos

On the up side, it will probably die back to a Cat 3 by the time it gets to Punta Gorda.

My inlaws' home got smacked by Charlie last year as their retirement home is in Punta Gorda. My wife talked with them last night; my mother-in-law is freaking out. They are just now getting their roof repaired. Right now, it doesn't even have a roof on it.

:eek:

• Members

There are two high pressure systems working right now. She could be pushed further south if all goes well.

My guess is that it will hit south of Fort Myers and possibly south of Naples.

Those high pressure systems could also cause it to weaken even more and resut in a cat 1 storm that roughs up the everglades.

On the other hand, there is a devestating scenario if the HP system to the west moves south too quickly.

• Members

There's a good chance by this time tomorrow, there could be one or two models pushing the storm into Texas based on the movement of a couple high pressure systems that have now merged and are moving SSE.

*stands dumbfounded at burizzo's sudden understanding of meteorology...*

• Members

Most powerful storm ever recorded!

884 mb

Nope, it just dropped to 882 mb.

Yikes.

My in-laws are in Naples now and they aren't even paying attention to the news. Told my wife this morning, it will miss us again."

:eek::freak:

Archived