Good Charlotte

4string

• Members

One of my sales staff needs Christmas ideas for his daughter. She is a huge Good Charlotte fan. Any ideas...

She has all the cd's..

Even though I know who they are and enjoy some of their music, I feel old asking this. At least I know who they are, my staff member has no clue.

And I'll beat you all to the sarcastic comments. I recommended

he buy her some real music.

• Members

Originally posted by Trento54

i think you should buy her a baton to wack her self to death

its about the same as listening to them

They're no Avril Lavigne, that's for sure. I'd take them over Creed of Evenessence any day of the week though, in the arena of overly polished radio rock.

• Members

Originally posted by vlVlv

Buy the book

Poser 101: How to become a good poser punk

Available on amazon.com and every other good books store.

Most punk is pretty much theatre to one degree or another at this point, isn't it?

• Members

Originally posted by zenfascist

:eek:
HAHAHAHA that's mean, but it's really funny.

Im an asshole, but im honest.

I grew up on real punk rock. Bad Religion, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, NOFX, All........., so when i see one of these pretty little pop punk bands i see a gas chamber that has gone into disuse. When i see their fans i see thorzine, because if your going to retire your mind, do it right. :)

• Members

Originally posted by sultan417

better yet, get her "Get in the van" by Henry Rollins and let her know what punk really is.

Or "Lipstick Traces" by Greil Marcus

It's about early british punk and its connections to surrealism, dada, etc. Great read, and maybe a bit less sensational than Get in the Van.

• Members

Originally posted by chunkathalon

Or "Lipstick Traces" by Greil Marcus

It's about early british punk and its connections to surrealism, dada, etc. Great read, and maybe a bit less sensational than Get in the Van.

Been wanting to read that for a while now, may have to pick that up.

• Members

Good Charlotte and the rest of the pop-punk poser bitches ruined punk rock. Even if you go to a real punk show nowdays you cant escape those {censored}ers fans. They damaged punk, it used to be fun to go to the shows, now there is 14 year old kids wearing studded belts, with trucker hats that say punk rock on it. WTF is that.

• Members

Originally posted by Droplaw621

Good Charlotte and the rest of the pop-punk poser bitches ruined punk rock. Even if you go to a real punk show nowdays you cant escape those {censored}ers fans. They damaged punk, it used to be fun to go to the shows, now there is 14 year old kids wearing studded belts, with trucker hats that say punk rock on it. WTF is that.

I was into the punk seen from 83-91. I played with alot of bands that were big in Canada (same gig, not in those bands). We used to practice and write with SNFU and others that weren't as well known.

We played in alot of condemned buildings, and none of us were interested in the publicity, we played for the music, drugs and the sex.

I am not saying these guys have sold out, they probably started the same as we did, they just made it big.

Archived