Choking feeling in throat after singing, help!!

hamster139

• Members

There may be some good advise here, but I see one thing missing, at least from the post I read:

SEE A PROFESSIONAL. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING WRONG, WILL PROBABLY PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR VOCAL CHORDS IF YOU CONTINUE TO DO IT, AND EVERYONE HERE IS EITHER UNQUALIFIED TO DIAGNOSE IT (THAT INCLUDES ME) OR AT A REAL DISADVANTAGE BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT SEE AND HEAR WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Yeah, it will cost you some money. Buck up and pay it. If you truly do have a good voice, it will be the best money you every spent.

Sorry you are wrong on this, but I appreciate your feedback nonetheless.

'Consume' got my diagnoses correct. Everything he said was accurate, and all his suggestions have helped, and I no longer have the problem. Believe me, if it hadnt worked, I woulda called up a doctor by now.

What you dont understand is that in MY case, it actually has NOTHING to do with my vocal chords. My chords are not inflamed at all. They actually feel fine and relaxed.

It has to do with the throat muscles that need to be trained for Speech Level Singing. I was overworking them and not warming up or down, and not giving them time to heal, after fairly rigorous workouts. If youve ever overworked muscles that had never been trained before, you know the feeling.

At any rate, I am hugely in debt to Consume. :thu:

• 9 years later...
  • Members

I’ve not experienced this before , but just yesterday , I sang a little and I noticed that later that evening , I started feeling a choke on my throat . Relieved after a while and came back the next day at noon time. What to do?

Archived