Sign in to follow this  
Ace Of Bass

My pet mouse is really sick!

This morning, he was furiously running on his wheel, like always, although this was the first time I'd seen him loop-the-loop consistantly...

I petted him and went to school.

Just got back from school. He's not moving. He was crawled up in his little toilet paper tube. I pulled him out, and he's in my lap now, but he's still barely moving at all--he'll move his head a bit when I pet him, but that's it. He feels a bit cold. Normally he's running all over my arms and shoulders until he gets on the top of my head.

What should I do?

Originally posted by Ace Of Bass

This morning, he was furiously running on his wheel, like always, although this was the first time I'd seen him loop-the-loop consistantly...

I petted him and went to school.

Just got back from school. He's not moving. He was crawled up in his little toilet paper tube. I pulled him out, and he's in my lap now, but he's still barely moving at all--he'll move his head a bit when I pet him, but that's it. He feels a bit cold. Normally he's running all over my arms and shoulders until he gets on the top of my head.

What should I do?

Jump in the car and go to a vet .

We had gerbils do that twice in the past. They look dead, are very cold and don't move except for breathing. We took a towel, put it in the microwave to warm it up and wrapped our rodent friend in it. Worked well. Had to warm it up and it was good as "new."

That may or may not work.

Dustin

Originally posted by More Cowbell

Exactly what I was thinking

It's not like it didn't cross our minds. It all depends on whether you want to keep it alive or be Dr. Mousevorkian... ;)

NO no.... You guys should know the Microwave would hurt the little dude.. Maybe make him blow up or somethin..

Not very nice of you guys, if you ask me... so please use the regular oven instead.

OK ? :freak:

I'm back.

After talking with someone who's beend dealing with mice for 3 years, it doesn't look good.

It seems likely that he hurt himself on the wheel...probably doing the loop-de-loop, he fell off and got cought in the blades, and has hurt his back...he can barely walk on his hind legs, and when he does move, he drags himself along his belly.

He's a bit more active now, but the person told me not to get my hopes up. :cry:

cutie.jpg

Looks like a baby Rat to me.... Do you have a snake ? Then you could put him out of his misery. If he is indeed, miserable.

I hope not.. I'm sure you and him "that is a he right" have become very close...and stuff :freak:

Sounds like he's paralysed. Probably in pain too. Its more cruel at this point to keep him alive. I know its sad, but the right thing to do would be to put it out of its misery.

Originally posted by mrdak

NO no.... You guys should know the Microwave would hurt the little dude.. Maybe make him blow up or somethin..

Not very nice of you guys, if you ask me... so please use the regular oven instead.

OK ?
:freak:

Derek, get out of this body !

Rats aren't really supposed to have wheels, either.... their tails are too long and get caught in the spokes. I know my rat broke her tail on a wire wheel.... it had a little kink in it one day and it never went away.

Originally posted by Ace Of Bass

He seemed to like the hot towels (Actually, my sock...)

But then he was all wet and didn't like the blow dryer too much afterwards.

Don't think it was supposed to be a wet towel....but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by catphish

Don't think it was supposed to be a wet towel....but I could be wrong.

I don't think dry towels microwave well. Only polar molecures (like water and triglycerides) absorb the radiation, and heat up because the oscillating waves cause the polar molecules to turn on their axis to follow the waveform.

I don't think cotton is polar.

you put the potato down the FRONT of your shorts ;)

What I mean is, heat up a bag of frozen peas in the nuker (or nuke friendly "hot packs") and put the towel over that