how do you drink your glenfiddich 12 y.o single malt?

bassguy

• Members

im drinking it on the rocks atm...lol first time having scotch ina while, i choked on the first sip :freak:

lol

tis good stuff...i really gotta start drinkin it more often

glen fiddich special reserve 12 year old single malt :thu:

how do you drink your glenfiddich?

• Members

Oh I have american relatives staying over at the moment. One of them carries 2 hipflasks full of whiskey, I don't know which type though. You can get ASDA smartprice whiskey that is cheaper than bacardi breezers (A.K.A "poofjuice" in Scotland).

• Members

depends. sometimes I'll keep my scotch in the freezer and then drink it neat. but too cold sometimes it loses it's flavor completely and just becomes vapors.

I will either drop one ice cube, or drink it neat. I don't like it too watered down.

• CMS Author

Neat, on the rocks, with some cold water. I don't care. The stuff doesn't stay in the glass long enough to say hello to the sides, let alone any other visitors.....;)

I love Scotch, and good Kentucky bourbon. I'm also a fan of Harvey's Bristol Cream. I'm told that I took my first steps for a sip of this, many (many) years ago. Obviously in the days before political correctness...

• Members

well i finnished a bottle, it was only a small one, so im not drunk...lol

i still cant stand the immeadiate taste of scotch, i like the after taste, kinda peachy-oakey, but the tastefeel is painfull..but i guess ill get used to it...

what should i try next? i was thinking wild turkey, or perhaps picking up some conac or burbon...

• Members

I can't stand glenfiddich. It's one step above Johnny red for me.

I had a taste of Johnny blue a while back. That was incredible. Almost made me want to buy a whole bottle. (at $218 cdn)

Currently i'm drinking Johnny black, which isn't great either. But i bought the bottle....

Neat for the good stuff, splash of cold water for the cheap stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by bleepo

I had a taste of Johnny blue a while back. That was incredible. Almost made me want to buy a whole bottle. (at $218 cdn)

Currently i'm drinking Johnny black, which isn't great either. But i bought the bottle....

I love you.

• Members

Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

I had to finally look up wiki to discover exactly what scotch was (other than some form of whiskey or other)

Whiskey made in Scotland
:rolleyes:

Admittedly people here never refer to it as scotch, either as whiskey or by brand...

David

Actually, it's whisky without the 'e'. Whiskey is reserved for any non-scottish whiskey, with the exception of Canadian whisky, if I'm not very much mistaken.

• Members

Originally posted by D Aussie

Stop {censored}ing around with half arsed scotches if you like the taste, and just get this one.

+1 on the Talisker. I also love Glenmorangie and Balvenie. Not a fan of the "double wood" type products these guys sell...but the regular ones are great. And Macallan 12 is always a safe bet.

Glenfiddich is swill. Practically undrinkable.

Yeah, I know you're "supposed" to add some ice or a splash of water...that this is how the Scots drink it...yadda yadda. But I prefer the taste of single malt when it's straight. I agree with DingoBlues about cask strength being smoother on the rocks, though.

Emre

Archived