GC Today?!

dragon9666

• Members

I got a pack of 5 st. DR's for $23 bucks!

Not bad! I didnt see any great deals either. I know a guy there that hooks me up anyway, so I didnt impulse buy like everyone else there!I did get my son a $3 shaker! He loves the oddball toys in there. The rainshaker, and most of the drums! He does have a guitar too.

My guy gives the band stuff at cost, which means he dosent make anything, and neither does the store. The price is the lowest price he can sell it for. The salespeople have lists and they have some play in the price. Most guys work there for min. wage plus commission. The guy is really cool and knows his stuff. Most of the time its 50% off anyway!:D Or close to it. Our guitar player just bought a NEW LesPaul for just under a Grand!:eek::D:cool:

Anyway, for the most part it was cool. They give you a card good for $10 off your purchase, so not bad if you spent under $20-40.

• Members

Originally posted by dragon9666

I got a pack of 5 st. DR's for $23 bucks!

Not bad! I didnt see any great deals either. I know a guy there that hooks me up anyway, so I didnt impulse buy like everyone else there!I did get my son a $3 shaker! He loves the oddball toys in there. The rainshaker, and most of the drums! He does have a guitar too.

My guy gives the band stuff at cost, which means he dosent make anything, and neither does the store. The price is the lowest price he can sell it for. The salespeople have lists and they have some play in the price. Most guys work there for min. wage plus commission. The guy is really cool and knows his stuff. Most of the time its 50% off anyway!
:D
Or close to it. Our guitar player just bought a NEW LesPaul for just under a Grand!
:eek::D:cool:
Anyway, for the most part it was cool. They give you a card good for $10 off your purchase, so not bad if you spent under $20-40.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the price at which the store calls 'cost' is not the price at which the store bought it, and the salesmen DOES make money regardless of whether or not he sells it at 'cost'. That being said, it's cool that you've got a guy who will give you such a good discount because GC is moving away from doing deals.

• Members

I'm going gona get some strings and a couple of cords but who no what you'll find I always leave with something I didn't go in for to my wifes chigrin. OH I need some nutrics connecters too and maybe one or two of those things and one of those. OH {censored} mabe I'll just stay home.

• Members

I wasn't looking for anything, there were some better than usual prices on things I didn't care about. We picked up a new in box Celestion 10" sub for 99 cents. I got a Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor for $5, a funky old Ibanez programmable distortion for $1, a bunch of power tubes at $5 a pair, a Rocktron Midi controller for $10, and a Digitech GNX4 for $99. No AC adapters of course, but I've got a drawer full, I never throw those away. Worth the trip if it all works. It's hit or miss with those sales, if it weren't for the coupon I wouldn't have gone, but I figured I could at least get some strings cheap.

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer2001

Cool score on the cab:thu:
:thu:
, is there a sale all day or was it just this morning. I am thinking about heading there but don't want to drive an hour if there is no sale:confused:

:wave:

It's definateley a whole day affair, but you can't get a $10 card anymore and most of the real deals are gone.

Still, if you have time and like driving why not?

Archived