Musicians/Critique wanted! (Augustana cover)

Meatbeard

• Members

www.myspace.com/paulpelctx

Im currently in the studio recording my original tunes. I just kinda wanted to get an idea or direction of anything I could potentially doing better with my voice. Ive always just been a guitar player, so, this is my first rodeo with being a guitar player/singer. Also, if youre a Houstonian and you dig it, pm me!!!! Thanks guys

• Members

Very coffee-shop esque. You sound comfortable in your range, musical and expressive. I have no constructive criticism because vocally I can't hear anything you should be doing differently.

I assume you already know you are overdriving whatever you recorded that cover song with.

• Members

Very coffee-shop esque. You sound comfortable in your range, musical and expressive. I have no constructive criticism because vocally I can't hear anything you should be doing differently.

I assume you already know you are overdriving whatever you recorded that cover song with.

Cool. Thank you for the response. And yes, the recording is very poor. It was just me sitting in front of the Mac and going for it.

• Members

I LOVE that. Love the beginning guitar bit...it reminds me of Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham (who I love), and the actual song itself is beautiful...your voice is gorgeous for this song as well. It's very poignant, but not drippy or anything...

I can hear this in a concert setting. Maybe cause of the reverb effect on the recording, but I can hear this (in my own psychic way, heheh) being a song known by a not small group of people, and you singing it live somewhere in concert...yep.

Love it.

• Members

awesome! thank you. Yeah, I put it up there because Im looking for a band down here in Houston. Im actually recording my original stuff at the moment, but, wanted to try and stir some interest before its done. Houston is a tough place to find good musicians that want to play my style of music, so, wish me luck!! thank you!!

Archived