Jon Evans, the bassist for Tori Amos...

Mr. Kent

• Members

...are any of you familiar with Tori Amos' live appearances? Her bassist is AWESOME! His name is Jon Evans, and he used to play in a band called Redfish Bluefish. He plays a Lakland 5 string, an SWR head through Eden cabs, and has the coolest growling groove I've ever heard. Tori has numerous live performances on YouTube or you can check out her DVD "Welcome to Sunny Florida" for some really spectacular stuff!

I just thought I'd share this, because it's been awhile since I've come across a bassist that inspired me like Jon Evans has recently.

• Members

Guys, I'm telling you...if you like Tori's stuff at all you've GOT to check out her "Welcome to Sunny Florida" DVD. The "live band" consists of just Tori (vocals & piano), Jon Evans (bass), and a drummer whose name escapes me but is truly amazing! They get some insane grooves going on!!!

And yes, I must admit...it is arousing the way she straddles that piano bench like a hooker and sings like an angel! ;)

• 13 years later...
  • Members

yes jon Evans has a great way of creating the groove but the emotions he sets with the notes as well are amazing to me. true and pure emotions through there songs hit me in all my Chakras!! Thank you for the combination of the two, inspiring and very healing!!!

Archived